x box back up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Jacqui24, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Jacqui24

Jacqui24 Member

Im new at this!!! Ive got smart ftp, xisomanager and nero. Ive managed to figure out how to get the game from the xbox to the pc and then make it an iso file but when i burnt it the disc would play on the xbox and i could copy it to the xbox hard drive but when i tried to open it from the hard drive the screen just went black and i had to turn off the xbox. plus the game i made a back up of was 2.56GB on the pc but when i burnt it to the disc there was just over 200MB on there.
    Please can someone help me.

Thank you in advance

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

SO the disc worked when you burnt it to disc? You placed it in the Xbox and played it?

If so and then you placed it on your hard drive and cant get it to boot off the hard drive then try doing this.

FTP to the Xbox or use the Xbox file explorrer and find your CACHE folders and clean them out. Then try running the game off the hard drive.

Often the CACHE files in the CACHE folders become corupt and need to be deleted. 85% of the time when people have trouble booting a game off the hard drive its cause of this problem.

3. Jacqui24

Jacqui24 Member

Ok. I cleared my cache files and then burnt a game i already had on the computer and it worked fine but then i extracted one from the xbox and made a iso file from it and then burnt it. when i put it to copy to the HDD it still come up that it was copying 210MB even the game is 2.56GB and when i checked the D drive it siad the disc was 2.56GB so i really dont know what is going on. Im stuck. Please help!!!

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Jacqui24

slow down and tell us what your doing step by step.

You say you Extracted the game from the XBox burnt an ISO but it will only put 210 MG on the hard drive.

More information will help:
    What are you trying to do?
    Step by step on how your trying to acomplish what your trying to do?
    How is your Xbox modded?
    What programs are you using to try to acomplish this task?
    Have you upgraded your Xbox HDD?

5. Jacqui24

Jacqui24 Member

Right im trying to make back ups of my xbox games that can also be loaded onto the HDD if needed.
    I extract them from the HDD of the xbox onto the computer, then i turn them into a iso file with iso manager and then burn it as a image file onto a dvd with nero. That part all works fine. Its the transfering of the backup game onto the HDD that im having problems with. When i try to copy it onto the xbox HDD by dvd2xbox it only reads and copies 200mb off the disc even though the disc has over 2gb on it.

Im not to sure how its modded but there is a 200gb HDD in it and a samsung drive.

I hope this helps you help me!

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

When you burn the ISO after making it with ISO manager does the game play on your Xbox with the backup disc you just burnt?

You said you use ISO Manager. I dont know if that program make's xISO. Theres a diffrence between a normal ISO and an xISO. you need it to be an xISO in order for the game to work.

I do know that Quix makes xISO of the game for Xbox. So maybe try to download Quix and make an xISO and burn to disc then try to rip the Xbox to the HDD and see if you get the full game.

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

7. Jacqui24

Jacqui24 Member

ok. ill try that. After ive burnt the iso, the back up disc works fine on the xbox. its just the copying of it to the hard drive.

Thanks

8. Jacqui24

Jacqui24 Member

actually im complety stuck. the discs i burnt do not work of the disc either. they stop after the first level or so. but this is only the games ive burnt over 2gb. batman begins worked but i downloaded that. i cant get qxix or cration to work they just freeze!
    i sont know what im doing wrong. how do you exactly extract the games from the xbox HDD? maybe thats where im going wrong?!

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

you can FTP the game that you went burned to disc either off the D: Folder(Xbox DVD Drive)if you have the orignal game in the drive or if you ripped the game to your HDD using dvd2xbox you can FTP the game folder that it created over to your computer and then run it threw Quix to make an xISO.

you can also try to FTP and clear your CACHE folders on the Xbox. That could be why your Xbox backup DVD's arnt working.

10. Jacqui24

Jacqui24 Member

ok, ive tried doing that but they are still not working. im starting to think that it may be the discs im using. ive got a samsung disc drive, do you know which discs work best with this?

I cant get craxtion or qwix to work, they just freeze my PC. Do you have any suggestions?

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Have you tried to use FlasFXP to FTP the game folder to your computer HDD then run it threw Quix and make the xISO? I know on my nephews computer it would only do it this way because he had a slower computer. I could get Quix to FTP to his Xbox but it wouldnt rip the game and nake an xISO it would freeze.

So I used FlashFXP to FTP and transfer the game to his HDD then used Quix to make the xISO and it worked that way.

12. steimy

steimy Active member

larrylje
    do you know if the freeze up problem could be cause by
    not having the .Netframe thing on your PC?
    I was not sure if that was needed to FTP or for using
    Qwix and Craxtion

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Iv read somwhere that you need .netframe for Craxtion but I dont know about Quix. It wouldnt hurt to install it if you dont have it.

@Jacqui24 go to your add and remove programs and see if you have .net framework installed. If not visit the update page on windows and update to it. See if that helps.