XBMC Lock Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by LufianGuy, Nov 25, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I have been using Windows XP Home Edition in safe mode so I can watch files from my computer on my TV using my Xbox. Everything works fine.

I just dl'ed a new movie and when I try to open its folder I get presented with a lock preferences screen that has a username and wants me to enter a password. I have another movie in another folder that works fine.

I don't know what it wants me to enter, this doesn't happen in any of the other folders I have up.

Also, I have an .avi movie that won't play that bugs me too.

This shouldn't happen because I don't have anything locked, the master lock code is disabled.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

That's the access codes to the network, you need to give sharing permissions to users for each folder. These are both 'xbox' by default!

This is why you need to create an account in Windows...

You can also set this code in the XBMC settings so that you don't have to input this all the time!

3. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I did do that:

My Guest account is enabled in Windows XP Home.

I have a limited user account on windows which is username: xbox password: xbox.

I also have the username and passwords in XBMC set to this same thing also.

Putting this in when the lock preferences screen came up did nothing for me.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

It's all coming back to your WinXP Home, trust me! SAfe mode is for diagnostics, not a workaround!