1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Modded question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by stephen13, Jun 12, 2005.

1. fpicano

fpicano Member

There were a bunch of xbox 360 development kits stolen in Germany a while back. wonder if those could of been of use to modders. If so, I put my money on the fact that they got their hands on them.

2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

It's going to take longer then xbox. I don't relly care about mod chip. Only thing that we can do is play burn games and maby use u.s.b hardrives to store games and movies. But if that does happen we won't be able to get online. It would also cost to much.

3. nimda0

nimda0 Member

Are you ok in the head? What do you mean when you say, "only thing that we can do is play burn games and maybe use u.s.b hardrives to store games and movies".?

Are you serious? I stream things using xbmc (xbox media center) across the internet, across my network.. i use it as a juke box or streaming audio center.... i use the xbox as a DVR... i can play games off the hard drive.. i dont have to pay $50 for a game.... there are about a million things. I can play japanese games that i can't normally play here. I can put roms and emulators on disc or on the HD and play them. Playing online w/out having to pay per month, because im using x-link/ kai.....

you need to seriously evaluate yourself.

4. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

yah even the modded xbox1 could do ALOT. So i'm really excited about a modded 360, since its powerful enough to emulate and xbox1, shouldn't it be able to emulate a ps2 or dreamcast?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  5. nimda0

nimda0 Member

NOT TO MENTION... that i can play streaming/ downloaded media in my living room... without having to do anything different or get up from my seat. I can remotely turn on the xbox without getting up... stream some videos without losing quality.. or stream some mp3's from my HUGE collection.

Nice eh?

6. mr_magnon

mr_magnon Guest

xbox360 + windows = wicked computer for under $500. Thats Fear on full settings for under $500. Maybe the ram would be a bit of a bottleneck but in the xbox you could change that with a ram upgrade, so we'll see what comes up for the x360.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  7. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

The xbox360 would be sweet if there is Windows OS. And a t.v tuner would be nice. Since there is u.s.b
    But we will leave that to the modders.

8. Hitman10

Hitman10 Member

Just look at this interview with J allard on gamespot.

Q: Do you have office pools running on how long it will take hackers to mod the 360?

JA: No, we don't. We don't have office pools like that. We do know that they're already being very ambitious with it and it's flattering in a way. There will be the hobbyists that want to rip it apart. There'll still be the pirates that want to rip it off. We can't avoid that. The philosophy that we applied on 360 is, "It's going to happen."

With Xbox 1, we were not in denial, although we said, "Let's build a system and we can stop it." With 360, we said, "Let's assume we can't stop it. How are we going to manage it?" Because it is going to happen. They are going to attack. They are going to have some form of success. What can we do in the Live business and the Live community? What can we do with the media? What can we do at retail? What can we do with connectivity to try to put a really big speed bump in place and, most importantly, protect the gamers from the hackers making it a crappy experience with them? Because that's my biggest nightmare.

If we lose 5 percent of our revenue, that's bad. But if Xbox Live gets distorted and destroyed because of three or four bad people that just want to have a grudge against Microsoft or somebody that they're playing against; that just want to ruin and wreak havoc on Live, that would really suck. That would really suck. So, that's where I'm more sensitive to them than the money.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135302.html

9. canduck

canduck Member

for the poeple like "cmmnsense" who like wasting threrads with nonsense. the only reason why the play station and xbox SURVIDE was becuase of modding. if these system would not of been able to been modded they still be sitting on a shelf some where. so its not in microsofts or sonys best interest to release somthing that can not be modded. come on guys use your heads before you blab nonsense .

10. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

Here's my $100 ... The console that will win will be the one that is modable. The reason PS1 & PS2 remained on top was because they were modable. The reason gamecube sucked donkey balls is because it was never modable (till 6 months ago) but even still it uses non standard CDR mini's & thats its downfall. PS3 will fall this time because of Bluray technology. It will be harder to backup your bluray games because of how large they are & the medium they are stored on. Even if Bluray burners come out I don't know for sure but I think sony will be second to 360 this decade. MS has almost deliberatley made the 360 modable & custamizable (with USB2.0 slots & DVDR9 games) also MS said something about downloading CDR images from their website to update the console.
    That spells exploit & homebrew all over it. I think MS has learned from sony the the most durable,custamizable & moddable system will be on the top for the next decade & half :)

11. Razengan

Razengan Regular member

I totally agree, Daggy-G!!! I'm a PS2 owner and I've seen that console reign thanks to moding. It's popularity also played a big part, since more people tried to mod it finding more alternatives. I mean, you barely had to know anything to run backups on it, swap magic discs and a slide tool were all you needed. If Sony makes it's new console virtually unhackable then it would be apealing to more upscale customers, because I don't know much gamers willing to pay over $90, for games.

12. gli7ch

gli7ch Guest

My 360 is playing games good as hell, just need a fusking Harddrive!!

13. mancherje

mancherje Member

EVERYONE. XBOX 360 WILL BE MODDED. IT WILL RULE. I'LL GET MINE MODDED.

-- END OF STORY --

14. halo69

halo69 Member

Can someone please pm me and give me the dash for the xbox 360.

I m gonna mod it when i get it if u don't mod it then either you don't no how to or you are stupid.

modding rox!!!

15. Daggy-G

Daggy-G Regular member

Razengan, Glad to see some1 with more than a quarter of a brain lol,
    I have ps2 & it SUCKS! only good thing about it is playing backups.
    My cousin brought over his xbox1 & we payed "Mortal Komabt Deception & Crash Bandicoot" both games I have for ps2 but omg the ps2 graphics compared to xbox r dull dark & blocky(not to mention the overscan i see on the outer rim of my tv screen on all 4 sides with the ps2 @ 640x480
    But the xbox has a clear sharp bright & fullscreen resolution of 720x480 & the colors of the games r totally brighter than ps2
    XBOX 360 for me I guess :)

16. VAdvocate

VAdvocate Member

I read somewhere that some updates will be made available from burning a CD of
    downloaded software from xbox.com. If the 360 can already read regular burned disks then
    it seems like it would be easy to trick it into installing other software. Software that could
    easily lead to running games off the HD or possibly even from copies.

If I'm wrong please tell me why.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  17. motomod

motomod Member

i forget where i saw.but someone had already rewritten the bios on the xbox 360.if i find it again i will post a url.