1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 video color problems???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jdlaub, Oct 3, 2007.

1. jdlaub

jdlaub Member

Howdy all - after the last console update that got downloaded last week, sometimes the screen in the various games I'm playing will turn greenish - very pronounced. You can still see the players in Madden or NBA 2K, or at the main console screens with no game running, but the color is waaaay off, and the detail is downgraded. It's intermittent, but definitely consistent. the TV I have it plugged in to works fine otherwise, so I don't think it's there.

Just using a stock xbox 360, nothing fancy.

Anybody seen/heard of this one? Any recommendations? I just tend to think since I haven't seen this type of issue on any forums, that it must be an obvious fix or something, and given the stories about sending it in for service, which the tech support guys at MS said I should do (it's in warranty), I wanted to see if there were any suggestions/help???

Thanks!

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

There can be an issue with the Cable you are using, or there could be a problem with the System! Since you say that the TV works fine otherwise, then there is obviously something wrong with the System! You may want to contact M$ about this, and see if they know anything about it!

3. jdlaub

jdlaub Member

Who/how to contact the MS guys? I called the Tech Support folks in whatever country, and all they had me do was check that everything was plugged in ok before telling me I'd need to send the system in, and to look for a return box coming in the mail.

Just surprised that this isn't a problem that's been talked about anywhere I've been able to find. Can't believe I'd be the only one to see this problem...

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

To contact Xbox in the US it's 1-800-4MY-XBOX

I don't know how they use the contact system in other countries though! Just go to xbox.com and look there under the Contact Us page!

5. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

What kind of a/v cable are you using? And what is the resolution set at?

6. jdlaub

jdlaub Member

sp7ke,

Standard AV cable that came with the 360. I had been playing it for ~6 mos with no issues. Not sure on resolution, will have to look when I get home.

I think I'll get another cable to see if it's that before sending the console away...???

DavGerm4 - thanks for replies, I called that number Saturday, and they were useless other than telling me my machine was under warranty, so they'd get me a box to send it in with. I would have felt better if someone could say "yes, we've seen that problem, send it in" but the person on the other end of the phone didn't seem capable of that level of tech help, I'm afraid to say...

7. svnieuw

svnieuw Member

I think it's not related to any cables.
    I have the same problem. I have a VGA cable of at least 4 months old. I have the same problem with the normal scart cable.

The problems started when i began to play Halo 3. It isn't always because sometimes it works fine.

My xbox has no warrenty anymore so would like to know what the problem is, so i can fix it.

I found another threat of a guy who has the same thing.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071007181059AAcrgDi

8. jdlaub

jdlaub Member

SEarch xbox.xom for audio no video - plenty of folks with this problem, it turns out. So I bit the bullet and sent my console in last week. After buying new cables, unfortunately...

9. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

The problem has to be related to either the ANA or HANA video encoder IC or the GPU.

10. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

THe problem probably lies in the ANA or HANA video encoder IC or in some cases the GPU. This can be repaired but has to be by a person with the right equipment and skills as it is very difficult to resolder all those tiny legs back to the board without bridging connections etc.

11. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Just call Microsoft and tell them you got the Red Rings of Death, they now have a 3 year warranty on that and will replace it for you for free.

12. 2lads

2lads Member

even if its been flashed??? modded or what ever?

13. 2lads

2lads Member

after reading the link previous thread,,, with interest,, we have had the exact smae pproblem, im gonna ring the store we got halo from and see if theyve had any one asking the same,,,,,,,,,,,,but i bet they say "oh no",,,,,,,if it is a problem with halo over loading the xbox or what ever then some form of repair or explanation is due

im very angry, this is gonna cost us, and my kids are soooooooo bored!!

14. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

You probably could but they would just send it back untouched.

15. 2lads

2lads Member

thougth as much, seems the store we got it from,,,, is on holiday and unable to help,,,,,,,,,nice of him,!!! think a bit of bad publicity coming his way there...............ive found another forum with a few who are having the same trouble with their picture going, then the whole thing busting after playing halo 3?,,,,,,,,seems there a few hundred awaiting an explanation from microsoft ond bungie?

16. general_m

general_m Member

guys just read the tread im on same wave lenghth happened a while after playing halo 3 screen goes green so we thought we should send it off so i had modded on it bfore so i started to delete all the modded map and replace them with normal ones when i realised the screen did not go green for the amount of time it cost me for downloading the new maps again but i had gone away for 2 days so maybeit just needs a rest or were over playing on it so try leaving it for a day or three and see what happens

17. 2lads

2lads Member

we did that,,,,,,,, left the thing off for a bit,,,,,,,,,then it just came up E74,,,,,,,,called company we had it from,, said it was under warranty,,,, but guess what,,,,,,THAT particular error dosent come under their warranty!!! so there we are, left with a dead 360,,,,,,,, thats it,,,,,,,, or we can pay them to unflash it,, send it to microsoft,, get repair or new one,,,,,, and re flash,,,,
    may as well have spent the full amount on one from a store with a prpoer warranty!!! grrrrrrr

ps chap said its extrememly rare,,,,,,,, this thing breaking, told him that 3 other chaps had same thing happen, all on same weekend???

18. arcder23

arcder23 Member

Gpu is over heating...
    stop playing for 30 mins n your good to go

19. 2lads

2lads Member

that dont work on account it goes right to E74 now,,, aparrently a pre cursor to the rrod...... advised to send it to MS,, take sticker off, see what we get back,,,,,,, if at all,,,,,

20. JHollins

JHollins Guest

Hi All

I've had the same problems but mine was with Lego Starwars Complete Saga.

ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM...

THIS IS MY 3RD XBOX360. I CAN SEE A PS3 COMING HOME WITH ME LOL