1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 vS. PS3

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by flynn53, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Comparing the specs and games which console Xbox 360 or PS# will dominate the market and overall be the better Console.

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

I have to go with the xbox 360 all the way. I hope to mod the hell out of that thing.

3. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

i believe the ps3 to be the better machine this time around, but the xbox will get the games

we had a lecture at university from a man from code design in the UK and he mentioned nothing about the ps3, everyword was on the xbox 360

gotta says its a much better console war this time around, and it can only be good for gamers everywhere. maybe competetion in the market will help to keep the prices down!

4. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

I think Austin Powers dad said it best "its not the size baby, its how you use it". I think its far too soon to decide which is the better console. when i think back to the launch of PS2, i was unempressed and when i think back too the Xbox launch i was also unempressed. I think that they are both Magnificent machines.

5. Hajduk

Hajduk Member

I have all three consoles, but I've always been a Nintendo fan. That's why it disappoints me to see the route their going with their quite unimpressive new console. Unless it goes for 150$ Canadian, I'm just not going to bother with it. PS3 looks like a beast of a system, however, at the same time I don't know if I'll be able to fit it in my house, anywhere. XBOX 360 looks powerful enough to please all and looks like it will retain a modest 300$ price tag. (relatively speaking when compared to the PS3). On a side note, have you heard anything about the next Gameboy playing the Gamecube discs. If it does, it would definitely crush the PSP when you look at the current library and games to come.

6. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

although i love the xbox more than ps2..ill have to say that ps3 will have better graphics...anyway....the rumors that graphics will be indistinguishable from reality is bullshit...im quite disappointed.
    the major changes are the hardware and ability.....and the world models a BIT better...depends on the game too.... besides that lets say u wanna play unreal 3...the only diff. from unreal 2 will be the story and atmosphere. anyway...the nintendo has the best graphics at the moment...even if it makes childish games...they have a tradition u know....im really curious how the revolution will be... from outside it sux....

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  7. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

anybody paying attention to E3 must agree with me though I've been looking at all the games around and the ps3 has had alot of Pre-Rendered videos where as the xbox has it's stuff all out there for you to see. If you remember for the ps2 when they were at E3 showing off MetalGearSolid 2 and the graphics where amazing... Then the game came out... ha diffrent story yes... Graphics were good maybe some will say even the best... but! not what they said it was going to be I think it will be the same this year with E3 Sony doesnt know what the games are going to look like just yet there throwing stuff at ya hoping you eat it up. Yes, ps3 will be a more powerfull system with all new stuff that nobody has used before.... but taht doesnt mean anyone will be able to code for it. Remember is' complete new material. everything that launches is going to be crap the first time around just like w/ anything. So we will just wait and see Flameon!

8. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

i saw a black disk drive looking thing that i think whas supposed to be the revolution if it is i like it

9. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

you would be correct :) and it's probably going to be really cheap but specs arent out yet so we dont even know if it's going to be a huge deal it might suprise people but here is what i came for everyone spread this around! it's a great read trust me it's long but it's worth every second!

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1816960,00.asp

10. Kyoji24

Kyoji24 Member

Well with sony kind of in the lead of everything now and alot of people going with them I'll have to say that the ps3 will. But the xbox 360 is not going to be far behind at all so it can be a close run.

11. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Everybody must remember that the Xbox is still in alpha stage, but even still the games look very impressive. and not all pre rendered like another console i know. just something else to keep in mind. (on another note i dont see myself using that dumbass cresent moon controller that PS3 will be using.

12. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Are they hows that there not even out yet :)

13. r3ds0x

r3ds0x Guest

if the console race is anything like it was with PS2 vs. Xbox, im gonna have to go with XboX. Sony has been in the console industry for some time now, and they got squashed by the "newbie" console company, microsoft, because the Xbox has, and always will have better features.

14. r3ds0x

r3ds0x Guest

Just watch E3 '05 on G4TV at 7 et and youll see more features for the Xbox. But hey, when consoles compete,WE win.

15. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

red you must admidt that G4ttv sucks! they are totally sony fanboys they bashed everything except the ps3 and also couldnt evben tell that the ps3 was all pre-rendered crap! they also called the xbox 2 the xbox 1.5 hmm... i think i remember that being the nickname for the ps3.. and what else they talk about xbox playing out the halo title... why would they say yeah we cant wait for halo 9 hmmm... Halo 3 to Final Fantasy 13, Grand Tourismo 5, GTA 5 I'm not saying any of these titles suck i like them all actually but if I game works stick with it halo 3 is hardly killed itself over time yet... this isnt a movie halo 3 wont be rocky V :) and i'm not flamin you red i'm just saying the channel is sony hot i watch it also but it buggs me that they do this

16. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I think that one of the main things that the XBOX360 has over the ps3 is that the XBOX360 is gonna have Halo 3 and thats a very popular game. I think im gonna have to pick up both of the machines or i'll be missing out on new technology. I think that hardware wise the ps3 might be more advanced but there isnt much info on the XBOX360 yet so i wouldnt be too sure.

17. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

XBOX KICK ASS!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :)

18. manufan

manufan Regular member

Roll on xbox360 the foundations have been laid out by the original vastly superior xbox for worldwide domination, plus the xbox360's launch titles are simply world class

19. flynn53

flynn53 Member

I don't know booth machines look very impressive but on ething is the fact of cntrllers i can only plan a ps2 for a fewe hours xbox i can play all day and yes there are certain adapters but what i think it will come down to is controllers and games for me at least also after owning an xbox i will never by a console with a h/d i've read that ps2 has a h/d now, but by the time i by a console of that caliber i'll wait till it's cheeper and hopefully by then the better cons;e will be distingushed

20. observer2

observer2 Guest

Right now I have the playstation 2 and I never just look at and say wow this thing is awesome. It's all about the games some had shitty graphics (Gauntlet anyone?) others looked great like Final Fantasy, it's not gonna be PS3 VS XBOX 360 it's gonna be who can get the best games on their system. Long story short I gotta go with PS3. I am a little intrigued by the revolution some of these games are getting repetitive and I hope nintendo can bring some kind of new gaming experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.