1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox 360 vs. PS3

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by da_won, Aug 30, 2005.

1. bondsim10

bondsim10 Guest

the 360 has more 3rd party games lined up for it the the original xbox.and comparing the xbox to the ps2 the ps2 didnrt hav that many big hits that havnt been released in the xbox.the main ones i can think of are grand turismo n tekken.playstation owners gon on about there gta n all that.butxbox got them games n there much beta on the xbox.so personly i think the 360 will be beta then the ps3.even if the ps3 will be more powerful.

2. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

What are you talking about??? The 360 will be almost 50 times more powerful than the Xbox. I don't know where you got your info from.

3. killerc

killerc Guest

your right all the consales are going to be at leeast 20X better than the ones b4 every things faster

4. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

By the way killerc in case you didnt know the image in your signature isnt working, I just see the little box with a red X in it.

5. killerc

killerc Guest

ya i checked the site the image was at n the site was down what should i do take the pic off

6. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Yea, considering no one likes staring at X's ;)

7. ZpYkE

ZpYkE Guest

if we dont start a convo soon this is gonna be a dead thread

8. wassat03

wassat03 Member

i hear the ps3 is supposed to have some new core technology that divides the processing power, thereby making it more effiecient... im pretty sure it was in PopSci

9. ZpYkE

ZpYkE Guest

...umm ooo..kkkkk

10. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Everyone check the link in my sig that shows how the 360 is more powerful that the PS3 and tell all you sony-fanboy friends.

11. wassat03

wassat03 Member

well mkaseatgb youve officially convinced me to get an xbox 360

12. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

One down, a couple million to go.

13. da_won

da_won Guest

You know, i would like to know 5 games for the playstation 3 that people want...

14. da_won

da_won Guest

and im not talking unspecified sequels, im talking games that are confirmed to come out on the ps3. So dont say MGS, FF, GOW2...
    Because those games will likely not come out untill like 2007-08-09
    if you know what i mean...

15. Solaray

Solaray Guest

Yea but when the PS2 came out the screen shots of all their best games were amazing!!!! But when i played then they were CRAP!!!!!
    Xbox is more of a decent console, yer sony mightw in because it has the more popular name but soon people will get bored of their bullship
    just like people got bored of their overpriced WalkMans!

Sony has a BAD reputation, for selling stuff that dont work good! They use cheap parts, thats how they make their money!!

Yer the games will look good but, i have to admit, since the Playstation came out developers were getting worse and worse at making decent games. All the best games are still on the Gameboy and Snes.

Not being bias!! The easiest and cheapest consoles to develop on is the NIN REV and next the 360,

Sony says " our new console will last 10 years" Oh BOY! Not that ish!
    I hope the 360 does good! Microsoft is more of a game devoted company they have atleats some experiance of games before entering the industry!!!

Sony helped nintendo make the hardware for the SNES!

Sony wanted to make a CD console with nintendo, but nintendo didnt want to use CD because the "transfer speed was too slow, and you cant save games to it" so the Playstation was made! with a 2X CD reader (300KB/s)!!!shame

so nintendo thought f%&* this lets go to sillicon graphics they make the best graphics "at the time", Games had small memory but there was no loading time like the snes (why go backwards and make things slower?) (0.5GB/s)!!!DAM

Sony is not game devoted their cheap in their meathods!!!

The only thing i can say about Xbox1 is that INTEL is a bad idea for video games! But they learnt their lesson but it means we can play all Xbox1 games on the 360 only a selected few. DAM!

16. Solaray

Solaray Guest

17. DarthMaul

DarthMaul Guest

its 399 in cnd thats preety good to

18. target911

target911 Guest

mkaseatgb, in that article, it says : "but be clear we know Microsoft has clearly slanted this info"

ummmmmmm doesn't that mean its not true?

19. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

It doesnt mean its not true, it just means M$ might have 'exagerated' the truth a little bit. But it shows how the pieces with the highest specs arent always the most powerful.

20. Solaray

Solaray Guest

Yea ive found out a bit more about the three consoles! and its scary,,,
    doing my calculations and checking out the specs, the PS3 seems to have the least powerful CPU out of the three.
    The only weapon the PS3 may has over the 360 and Rev is the Graphics Engine! But not much of a big difference.

All that 2TFLOPS talk is bullshEYT! thats not the practical power of the PS3, its just like saying the PS2 can do 70 Milion Polygons per second, hell no!

I saw a romour that there may be another spec Nintendo are considering for the REV, same GPU RN520 but with a 4x 3GHz core CPU.???? who knows what they will do. But i wont be fooled by the size since all nintendo consoles have hardly anything in them