Xbox and Roms ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Curtis-P, May 6, 2005.

1. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

Does anyone know if there are specific Roms you need to place on your Xbox to have them work ?
    I have a rom for NES it's called Base Wars. a baseball game with Cyborg robots. lots of fun !
    anyways I am unsure as to where I should place this file on my Xbox. there are a few file folders that say Roms, or NES, etc on my xbox. could anyone please help ? thanks in advance

Curt

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, in order to play your NES rom you need an Xbox NES emulator. Have you gotten that yet? If not log onto #xbins or go to this site, http://www.x-b-o-x.net/modules/news/ to get one. Do you have an upgraded hard drive or are you using your stock HD?

3. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

I am unsure as to if i have an emulator. the person who modded my xbox did it for me and there is a NES icon and some files but none look like a .exe extension. is that needed for an Xbox emulator ?
    I will check out the website and see if the files match. aswell i have an upgraded hard drive. it's a 160gb. thanks for the help pimp dawg

4. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

okay so I didn't have an emulator on my xbox. I have one know. but it dosn't stop playing this god awful music while im playing the game. is there any way of turning off the music that goes along with the emulator ? it's really annoying or does anyone have a better suggestion for a Rom.

thanks for the help

Curt.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Use the [bold]Nester X[/bold] emulator...