XBOX BACKUP CREATOR /// VISTA RUNNING UNDER PARALLELS DESKTOP ON INTEL IMAC ///

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by young1982, Aug 28, 2008.

1. young1982

young1982 Member

Hello all, quick question.

I am running vista under parallels desktop on my Intel iMac (generation before Aluminium) Installed this last night.

I then installed Xbox Backup Creator after installing the MSCOMCTL.OCX file back into the windows/system32 folder.

(IF ANYBODY ELSE IS HAVING PROBLEMS THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO XBC)

Upon using XBC it recognised the xbox disc to have just over 7gb of data on it so I started the read process. (the game is a backup of a backup...Indiana Jones Lego. my friend burnt the backup originally but I get to the end of the first level...temple of doom...exiting the cave with the boulder coming after me and at the cut scene it freezes, so i set about creating another backup from this backup as I thought it might just be bad media. I am yet to try backing up the original disk)

So i started the read/save to make the image file and went to bed..woke up in the morning to discover it only made it to 3-4gb in size? I also tried this with Army of Two and it did the same thing.

Does anybody have any advice/answers as to what is going wrong. the disks are pretty clean and they seem to be recognised ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciative.

2. young1982

young1982 Member

Ignore this. Think I was being a dumbass, I'm just using Toast and the disk utility to produce a new image from the DVD+R DL Disk. Have tried this once already and it got stuck at 51%. Any ideas why?

Cheers

3. 1boarder

1boarder Member

Hey bro. How did you get the MSCOMCTL.OCX ? I keep getting the error when trying to download the creator.. Thanks