Xbox Backup Not Loading

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bonefreak, Jul 13, 2006.

1. bonefreak

bonefreak Member

Hey

I recently got an modded xbox from my cousin. So i'm a total Noob at all this stuff. I've sucessfully made a backup of Darkwatch on following the instructions on AfterDawn. I put it in my xbox, the dashboard comes up (Unleash X) and then I got to "Launch Game". It comes up with a leading screen and the name "Darkwatch" but won't go any further. I've read that i may need to update my bios or "patch" the game before buring it....and i have no idea how to do either. I'm not sure how to find out what bios version i have at the moment or what version of UnleashX i have either. If anyone could help me getting this game working would be great!!

Thanks

2. theridges

theridges Guest

what program did you burn the DVD with and what did you burn it on.....DVD-R,+R or RW??
    and if you could find out if its chipped or softmodded would also be great...and the bios too..

3. bonefreak

bonefreak Member

I used nero to burn the disc on a DVD+R i made the ISO with XISO.

As i said i'm a beginner at this so i don't know what mod-chip or bios version are in the xbox. I'm using UnleashX as the dashboard. Is there a way to check what mod chip and bios version i have?

Thanks

4. bonefreak

bonefreak Member

I just used a bios checker as it told me that i have a modchip (didnt' say what type) and that the bios is the Retail Xbox Bios 3405

Thanks

5. theridges

theridges Guest

you probably have a softmod,Try Burning them to DVD-R and go download IMGBurn(just google)to burn the image and it should work....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2006
  6. bonefreak

bonefreak Member

I'll try that.....is there any chance that it will work on a DVD-RW?

7. theridges

theridges Guest

probably not xbox dvd drive are very picky....