xbox burning

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by big_shrty, Jan 1, 2006.

1. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

I've read the guide but am having trouble figuring how to change my ip address. I have found where to change the address but it also has a place for me to type in a port number or something. My xbox is modded with evolution x but i dont really know anything about it. Any help would be great.

2. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

K, lets start from the top. How are you connecting to your xbox? (directly, router, etc)

3. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

directly

4. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

1. in your xbox set IP to static, and address to 192.168.1.200

2. On computer. in network connections find the connection you use for the xbox. right click it, properties, highlight internet protocal(tcp/ip), and press the properties button.

Check, the use following IP address. for the address put in 192.168.1.100
    subnt mask 255.255.255.0 and default gateway as 192.168.1.1

ask me a more direct question and i can give you a more direct answer.

5. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

On my settings/info screen, it doesn't let me put in an IP address. The Type and IP are both blank. And they are in blue whatever that means. Is there a reason why i cant access the Type or the IP. Also the line status says no link!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2006
  6. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

I put in the stuff you told me and when i use flashFXP to connect to my xbox, it tells me that it is connected to my xbox and then the connection was lost. It has done it about 10 times now. the same thing over and over. Is there something that I am doing wrong maybe?

7. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

Is it possible that i need a new mod on my xbox? My friend did it so i could play burned games and maybe it wasnt meant for transfering data to my computer. Because the place to enter the IP address is blue and wont let me do anything to and so is the type. If so, where do I go to get a new one?

8. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

K, the fact that evox wont let you change the settings is just...odd?

You said that you connect then it dissconnects. how long does it connect for. if you can get it to connect for even 5 seconds, youll be able to get the "evox.ini" off of "C" drive.

if you can get that you can email that to me and i can manually check your settings and change them if needed.

9. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

Now when i try it, it says connection failed no route to host. But even before when it said connected to xbox, it was only for a sec. or less. What do you think?

10. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

what is happpening to you is nothing special/odd/or out of the ordinary, you simply have a bad setting. i dont know what to tell you, if you cant change the ip to static you wont connect.

Are you sure you cant change the settings? the high-lighted ones are usually up top. you need to scoll down a bit... and if this works dont forget to scroll down to the bottom and "save and exit".

also, are you using a crossover/patch cable?(not reguler ethernet) just trying to troubleshoot

11. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

This is what i says in the settings screen of my xbox:

Type: (blank) can't change
    IP: (blank) can't change
    Line Status: No Link! can't change
    Ethernet MAC address: 00:0D:3A:CC:36:7E can't change
    Setup Network: yes
    Use Static IP: yes
    IP: 192.168.1.100
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    DefaultGateway: 192.168.1.1
    Etc.

In my internet connections, I click LAN settings and check for my computer to automatically detect settings. And i have a section for the proxy server, I put the same IP as above and have 21 for the port. I am not very familiar at all with LAN or any of these things i am trying to do.

12. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

K, now that i now your xbox settings, i think i can give you a solution.

1. In you network connections double click the connection youll be using for the xbox.

2. click on the properties button.

3. highlight "internet protocall(tcp/ip)", then click on the properties button.

4. IP=192.168.1.200

5. subnet=255.255.255.0

6. default gateway=192.168.1.1

then thats it for your computer.

in flashFXP use IP 192.168.1.100, port 21, psswrd=xbox, user=xbox

then your done. This is the right setup for you and if that doesnt work something is seriously f*cked.

wright back.

13. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

I put in everything that you told me to and it still won't work. At one time it would say connected to xbox, but never actually connected. Then it says connection lost. Should I get a new evox for my xbox?

14. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

k, hmmm, do you have xbmc? you could try connectiong using that. If you dont have XBMC get it, its great.

How is the rest of your setup, set up. Like, you connect to an ethernet card with a crossover/patch cable. correct?

How are you connected to the internet?

15. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

I have it hooked up to the port i use for the internet, directly. Where do i get xbmc.

16. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

I want you to do another thing, in step 6 above^^ change your default gateway to 0.0.0.0

This is the third time im asking this now [bold]are you using a crossover/patch cable to connect with[/bold]

The two main ways of getting XBMC would be torrents and #xbins.
    For the torrent way just go to www.torrentspy.com they always have loads of good stuff.

#xbins is an irc room, Google it.

17. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

I am using CAT5 cable, i guess it is a cross over patch cable. Also, I just got the XBMC but can't open it. Do you know what program i need to open it with?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
  18. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

yea cat5 is the same thing (i think). Did you change your default gateway on your computer and xbox to 0.0.0.0

Also XBMC is another dashboard for your xbox and since you cant ftp you cant get it onto it, sorry brainfart on my part.

This should be working for you, i dont know what the problem is..
    try looking here its a guide,..

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=183856

19. big_shrty

big_shrty Guest

My computer won't let me put any number less than 1 for the default gateway. But also I see that the web site you told me about has xbox games on it. I tried to download one but can't open it. Maybe this can be an alternative to hooking up my xbox. Do you know what program I need for these files.

20. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member