xbox can't burn game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by eamonxbox, Nov 13, 2006.

1. eamonxbox

eamonxbox Member

More than likely it has been asked again and again , but I have looked evrywhere and can't find a straight forward and helpful answer.

I have an ISO file of need for speed carbon on my pc, which i extracted from a winrar file. How do i burn this on to a disc ? i tried nero but it didn work. Do i need to make this iso file an Xiso file or somethin ? and if so how . please help , thing is drivin me mad and have wasted soo many dvd discs !

have qwix installed and dvd decrypter and nero .

2. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

i would go by this. i have used this for months and have had no trouble just go by the part where you burn the disc and btw what kind of disk is it?

hope this works

3. steimy

steimy Active member

You do not need to go out and buy anything, any free image burning software will work just fine.
    DVD Decrypter, IMGburn or others.
    I have used DVD Decrypter for many years now with both Xbox and PS2 games and it works every time.

The problem is most likely one of these.
    1. you bought low quality media
    2. You bought DVD+R and your Xbox or burner does not handle it well
    3. you bought 16X discs and the burner or xbox doesn't handle them well
    4. you are doing other things on the PC while burning and that is causing a bad burn job.
    5. You just got a hold of a bad download.
    6. you are burning at an incorrect speed.

here are possible solutions:
    1. get a good quality 8X DVD-R and try that, burned with DVD Decrypter at 4X
    2. update your burners firmware to the latest version if it is not already. This will help with both quality and media compatibility.
    3. re-download a different release of the file.
    4. do not use the PC while burning unless you have a very good system with over 1GB of RAM and a good processor. It will help with getting better results.

I have NFS Carbon on Xbox, PS2 and PC and did not have a problem with any of them working.

and just as a last note, do not pay any attention when people call a file an xiso. it is what they call an ISO file for xbox, nothing more. You handle them no differently than you would any other ISo file.