XBOX Console ( unknown Disk )

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mrgahan, May 23, 2004.

1. mrgahan

mrgahan Member

Hi all,

ok I know this has been asked a lot but hey i have trued all the info on many forums and still no joy.
    I have an Executor chip in my xbox. Copied my xbox games from the condole to my pc and used XIso to make an ISO file. This ISO i have burned with Nero6 and Alcohol120% and successfully without any errors. When i put it in the xbox it just aint being recognized ( Disk Unknown )
    Anyone any ide'as about this.

At my whits end

greetz

MrGahan

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

you could try using Craxtion to make your ISO. I find this program to work better. It could also have to do with the brand of DVD.

3. mrgahan

mrgahan Member

Thnx For the reply but i have already tried to use that proggy but aslo to no avail.

DISK....UNKNOWN

Any others with an idea?

Greetz

MrGahan

4. ABMone

ABMone Guest

what are you burning to?

If your doing everything right it has to be your brand of media or your drive sucks.

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

I have found that qwix is the best program, I used craxtion for quite some time, but it had problems with one or 2 games creating an iso, qwix however, did not.

6. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

It's actually a good question. I honestly believe it's the way you are making an iso. I used to hate Craxtion but then boogie told me that I needed to open up the folder because it kept giving me the xbe error that he so often talks about. I would try that first...and if that doesn't work try DVD Decryptor...I have never had one bad burn with the free program.

7. mrgahan

mrgahan Member

Nice one dudes....Used the craxtion and the decrypter proggies without errors, also opened the map instead of just clicking on the map. Could it be the type of media i am using...Arita 4X DVD+R disks?

I have burned always successfully the iso's without any errors but now i have seen on a few forums about DVD-R....Could this be it before i go out and start spending more money?

Thx again for all replies

greetz

MrGahan

8. backyboy

backyboy Member

Could be your disk drive in xbox. I have an xbox and so does a friend, we bought them at the same time fom the same shop, however, mine will read ANY media and his will only read origianls, ( games and dvds ). You should try the backups on someone elses xbox and see if it is recognized. When I put my back up of james Bond into my friend s xbox it just says data unknown, or something like that.

9. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

well if you wanna know wat i did, i wouldnt suggest doin this if u havnt had alot of " opening the xbox " experience but it does work. HERES A GUIDE ON HOW TO OPEN YOUR xbox xbox-scene.com/articles/open2.php .
    " 1. this is where it gets good, look at your DVD drive and ask it, " do u really wanna be opened ? " if u think of the past when it gave you problems, jus decide for it and say "hech YES"
    2. Remove the DVD drive tray and look under the drive, there are 4 screws, take those out and open the Case of the DVD drive.
    3. Find a cotton bud of you can. Wet it abit, not alot, you dont wanna mess ur lens do u ? ok , no softly clean round the lazer lens and around it , even under it, , there cud be dust everywhere so clean it.
    4. I donno how ur gonna do this but take a deap breath and blow alround the lens, if u think its ok, put everything back together and your good to go.
    5. Load in a DVD and all dhould be ok . " quoted from some website.