XBOX DASH AND FTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by marcu316, Jul 21, 2005.

1. marcu316

marcu316 Member

Hi, another noob here, read many articles on here that have helped so far, im just unsure wether i need to change the dash from the original microsoft dash or not in able to ftp to my computer.

If so which is the best dash? and where can i get it from?

I have used #xbins to get some files but not sure which dash, what the directory is.

And when i have it downloaded, what would i do with it?

Many thanks

Sorry if i repeat things that have been asked 1000's of times already

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, I'm assuming that you have a mod chip since you have been on #xbins for files. You will most definitely need to use a different dash besides your original in order to FTP in to your Xbox.

First, you will need to get a dash...

1) Go onto #xbins and DL the torrent file of "Slayers" Then download that.

2) Burn slayers to a cd-rw or dvd-r, and pop it in your Xbox.

3) Install all the apps, and EvoX onto your Xbox

Now that you have EvoX on your HD, use these instructions to learn how to FTP to your Xbox, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/ftpingproblem.htm

3. marcu316

marcu316 Member

thanks for that, i have now got slayers downloaded, i have used nero to burn the iso file, but the xbox just tells me that it cant recognise the disc, i have tried a few brands of dvd-r and still no luck, any advice?

Thanks

4. marcu316

marcu316 Member

OK i have managed to get slayers loaded on, using dvddecrypter instead of nero, i have connected my pc to my xbox the problem im having now is gettin my ftp software to connect, i have tried ws ftp and flash fxp both fail to connect, even tho my network status is connected on my task bar,

Any help? many thanks in advance

5. marcu316

marcu316 Member

OK OK I have now managed to get my ftp set up, using ws ftp, made xiso using qwix and burned using dvd-decrypter, on unbranded cheap media, everything is working fine, a perfect backup of GTA san andreas, so far.

Many thanks for all the help, took a while to find the posts on other threads that i needed, but from buying my chip a week ago, i have now got it set up and playing working back up aswell as an ftp to my pc!
    Thanks

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

hahaha, well it looks like you got everything taken care of yourself then. I'm glad to here you got it working!