(Xbox Drive Broken) Creating ISOs from Original games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by HyeVltg3, Jul 18, 2008.

1. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 Member

Recently My Xbox drive broke and I would like to backup the original discs I own and upload them to the HDD (softmodded xbox)....how do I do this without having to FTP the games?
    I hope I don't have to spend 80$ to get a replacement drive off ebay!

Unless...
    I can solve the problem with my drive.
    Story:
    I took my xbox (its a 2001 model v1.0) to my friends house and played many different games (I bought it used...needed to test it) and then started up halo 2 two and played from 10pm to about 12pm (yes an all-nighter) and then I had to go home to when I took it back to my place and I think it might have been during the slightly-bumpy ride back or when I accidentally kicked it (only lightly) and then when I started up some other game the XB would got to the dash instead of running the game! and even when I went into filemanager (XBMC) and inserted the disc, it showed drive D as "busy" (when it was trying to read) then it went "empty"...it has been doing it for both burnt games and originals.

Should I get a laser replacement or the whole drive or is there a solution?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. varnull

varnull Guest

$80 for a drive?? rip off artists.. You can get a whole working xbox for £20 so do that and just swap the drive.. then sell the broken drive fitted to the bits you bought on fleabay and get 90% of your money back.

A 1.0 should have a thomson drive.. you can muck about with those.. it sounds like you have bashed the tray out of alignment.. check llamma.com for xbox dvd fixes.