XBOX DVD Media Question (Please)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Exino, May 24, 2005.

1. Exino

Exino Member

I know this is a stupid question, i'm new, and I just spent close to 15 hours completely finishing the mods to my XBOX earlier today.

I have backups of my games that I have, that are ALL written in DVD+R...Does the XBOX require DVD-Rs to function the backups? My DVD+Rs are not being detected.

Replies as soon as possible would be amazing. Thank you very much for your time.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

xbox dvdrom drives are very picky...each drive likes a certain type of media...try different brands of media til you find one that works best...if none of them work, you will need to buy a new dvdrom drive for your xbox...the samsung and phillips are the best.

3. Exino

Exino Member

That sucks. There is a Samsung something-or-other in there right now.
    Not sure what anymore, it told me the model # when I installed the modchip pre-flashing the bios.

So if I were to swap out the drive with something that supports both it's good? Or can I just change media over to DVD-R and see what happens.

Gay :(

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

try dvd-r and other media brands and burn at the slowest speed possible...slower the speed the better success you will have.

my samsung reads dvd+r and dvd-r and i have used memorex and ritek discs, they all work fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2005
  5. Exino

Exino Member

Bought some DVD-R Memorex (best brand in my opinion) and burned them at ax and they all work now! YAY! All my backups are working! Thanks again for all the help!