Xbox Ftp......Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Cleves, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Cleves

Cleves Member

I'm Fairly new to having a soft-mod xbox (no chip) and am trying to figure out a few things. First I am curious on how to take the X: and Y drives on the xbox and return the space into the E: partition where as I only Have the 8 Gig Harddrive.....Problem 2 I have been using ftp to transfer my mp3's and music video's/movies to the xbox in order to put everything on tv but am having a problem with AVI files not transferring/ it shows on most ftp clients that it is waiting than just stops and says unsuccessful now i have had no problems with any other file types transferring from or to the xbox until now
    I cant figure out why these specific files wont send when all others will? Any Ideas Would be great thanks

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

3. Cleves

Cleves Member

I have read the tutorial but have no need for it as a close friend has the necessary games/accessories to do the soft mod im just curious on how to turn the space from X: and Y: directories to make my E: directory have more space......Thanks for the link as well...Also i have solved my problem for transferring files by using the free version of core ftp from download.com [I still had the same problem initially(error writing avi files on the xbox] I found that all you have to do with an error #123 is reduce the amount of characters in the title of the file you are transferring. ex.(i had a file underworldevolutionvcddivxminextorrent.net.avi, it wouldnt copy to the xbox, I changed it to underworld.avi and it copied no problems)

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you can't make more space for E drive. that is how it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

You want more space, then i suggest getting and installing a bigger HDD, that is the way to go.
    I put a 300GB in mine and never looked back.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yeah, that is the only way.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yeap 300GB here as well. Was well worth the money and wasnt hard at all installing it. Also you where right about the long file name theres a limit on charicters that you can have on the Xbox HDD.