xbox game help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by forddave, Aug 19, 2005.

1. forddave

forddave Member

Hey..
    i just got a dvd burner the other day and it came with Nero... just wondering if anyone could tell me step by step how to burn a xbox game??? i aint good with computers so yeh... be good if i can get some help
    cheers

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Do you have a modified xbox? Do you have a larger hdd installed?

3. forddave

forddave Member

its been chipped before but the main screen doesnt come up anymore... so it does play burnt games.. i just have no idea how to use the dvd burner on the comp to burn them.. ive been told i can use nero...

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You can use Nero to make backups but first you have to rip the game from your xbox hdd.

Here's how it works:
    *You put an xbox game into your modded xbox. There are a few programs you can use to rip the game to the xbox hdd. (i.e. DvD2Xbox, HDD Loader)
    *Assuming you have your Xbox Netowrked to your PC (FTP capability) you transfer the game files to your xbox with programs like (Qwix, Craxtion, Flash FXP)
    *Then.........you can use a program like Nero to back up the game to DvD-R

If you don't have a larger (after market) hdd installed on your xbox you are [bold]limited[/bold] on capabilities. You can save a game or two (stretchin it when I say two) to your xbox but that's it. At the most I think you can get about 6 or 7 GBs freed up.

5. forddave

forddave Member

oh ok confusing...my mates friends copy them from the net.. didnt realise u had to link up xbox to the comp... thought it would be as simple as just burning it like a normal cd.. or dvd date cd or something...

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

No, it's not confusing. Just think about what's being said.

You're saying the files were download from the net onto your/their PC.

I'm saying transfer the file from the xbox to the PC

Either way, the game files end up on the PC. Now for the help:

Your goal is to burn the .iso file to disc...very simple.
    this will help you do it:
    http://www.teamxecuter.com/qwixnero.htm
    Tutorial with pictures so it's pretty easy to follow. Any problems just post on this thread and I'll try to help.

7. forddave

forddave Member

thanks for your help dude.. the only problem i have is that my xbox is chipped but the main desktop doesnt come up anymore cos i pressed some xbox live button yonks ago and it stopped coming up so i guess ill have to go get it fixed

cheers

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Amost forgot. You'll need Qwix and I'm sure you already have Nero to follow this guide. Qwix comes in handy if the file is not already an .iso.

Get Qwix here: http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/index.html

**edit: YOU'RE WELCOME

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2005