Xbox Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by s3a, Jan 15, 2006.

1. s3a

s3a Guest

Is it legal to download xbox games from isohunt.com?

2. sub07

sub07 Regular member

I believe that is legal, but some says that is illegal to download xbox games from there.

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

No it's not legal. But is that really going to stop you?

4. s3a

s3a Guest

I forgot to mention that I have the original game of what I download...expect that I never opened the package...

5. jjdadon

jjdadon Regular member

If u don't own the game then it's illegal. I think even if u own the game and u d/l it it's still illegal, don't quote me on that though. I think u have to make the backup of ur own disc and that's that.

6. dav79

dav79 Member

i would love to download a game from there but i wouldn't know what to do with the downloaded files.

any help?

7. bobromin

bobromin Guest

people I have a mod on my xbox ok. well my question is how do you put files on your xbox. do you need a cable? A Sofware? well if you need a sofware, how are you going to to get the file on the xbox. I want to find out how to put files on my xbox because i want to download games on my xbox. O yeah by the way while your answering that question i have other one. Where get the files to download the games. what I mean for example i wanted to download halo 2, where should i go to download the halo2 file?

8. dav79

dav79 Member

do a search for torrent clients, u need this to download the files and once you have a torrent client do a search for torrent sites and you will find what your looking for.

If anybody can help me put the files on dvd that would be much appreciated

9. s3a

s3a Guest

download bitcomet 0.67 (maybe other number) and go to www.isohunt.com and where it says search type the game u want click on download now of that game and download the aroiund 5 kb file and then double clik it and it will go immediately on bitcomet and choose where you would like to download it but here is the problem, I have read on the internet even with high speed it downloads at a rate of 1-5 kb/s!!

10. s3a

s3a Guest

# 1) Use a crossover cable and connect your xbox to your computer's ethernet card port and open your xbox
    # 2) Go to Control Panel
    # 3) Disable the firewall (if any)
    # 4) Click on "Network Connections"
    # 5) Right click on the LAN Connection and choose properties
    # 6) A window will open, on the "General" Tab, make sure that "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" is checked
    # 7) Highlight "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click on properties
    # 8) Select "Use the following IP Adress"
    # 9) On "IP Adress:" type in 192.168.0.1
    # 10) On "Subnet Mask:" it should automatically be 255.255.255.0
    # 11) On "Default Gateway:" it should only have three dots.
    # 12) Click "Ok" on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties" window
    # 13) Click "Ok" on the "Local Area Connection Properties" window
    # 14) Make sure every window is closed
    # 15) Open the program called "FlashFXP" (other programs such as SmartFTP, or even Internet Explorer can be used to do this but those methods are unknown to me)
    # 16) Click the thunder icon and select quick connect (or press F8)
    # 17) Do not mess around with tabs other than the "General" Tab
    # 18) On "Server or Url:" type in 192.168.0.100
    # 19) On "User Name:" type in xbox
    # 20) On "Password" type in xbox
    # 21) Click "Ok" on the "Quick Connect" window
    # 22) If you have the original Hard Drive of the Xbox and have the game inside the Hard Drive in the games folder then click on the "E:/" folder located on the right side of the screen, then click on the "games" folder, after that, you have to drag and drop the game from the Hard Drive of the Xbox (located on the right side) to some location in any hard drive on the computer (located on the left side)
    # 23) Once the transfer is complete, on the bottom of the screen you should see the word "Idle" and a timer next to it. (the timer is saying how long ago the transfer was finished but you did not touch the computer or the program called "FlashFXP" to be more precise.

11. s3a

s3a Guest

should that be stickied?