Xbox help appreciated

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by zzrguines, Dec 10, 2005.

1. zzrguines

zzrguines Guest

Ive just downloaded my 1st game using utorrent, what programs do i require to convert the files to ISO and burn them using Nero?

2. evocre8r

evocre8r Member

You can use qwirk (or quirk...not sure of the spelling right now) to convert files to .xiso for the xbox. I have not been successful at burning xiso's larger than 2 gigs with nero though.

To overcome this, I just burn the files to a DVD+R using the UDF format and it works great. Whichever way you choose, try a RW disc first.

Hope this helps,
    EVOCRE8R

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@zzrguines

If this is a downloaded torrent more then likly it is already in xISO form and you dont need Quix.

Most torrent files use WinRAR to store the file and split it in peices so its easier to send over the net. So you need to have WinRAR installed and then choose the first RAR file in the list.

Example:
    xboxgame.000
    xboxgame.001
    xboxgame.002
    xboxgame.003

you would choose xboxgame.000 to extract wich will automaticly extract the rest of the files making 1 large image file(iso.img.bin etc etc)

Once you get the large image file extracted use your burning software to burn the image.

Nero= choose burn image file

DVD Decrypter = MODE/ISO/WRITE

Now if you want to FTP the game to your Xbox HDD then you would need Quix so you could extract the game folder out of the Image file and then FTP the gamefolder to your Xbox HDD.

4. zzrguines

zzrguines Guest

thanx alot evo and larry worked a treat.