Xbox image too big?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by alodude, Aug 25, 2005.

1. alodude

alodude Member

Hi...

SO I've Moded my Xbox, and connected it via ftp to my pc. I used FlashFXP to copy the "D" drive to my pc(with a game, ninja gaiden inside), and have used QWIX to create an image.

the only problem is that it is 6gb, too big to put on a standard dvd. Have I done anything wrong, or am I just going to have to buy some dual-layer discs?

thankx!!!

2. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Well then welcome to the Year 2005! We have this wonderfull tech called a DVD±R\RW-DL (DUAL LAYER = 8.5Gb) Buner! you'd continue to use Quix! to write what is called a XISO File. At which point you'd then be able to burn such a File like a normal .ISO File back in 'Nero 6.6.0.16'.

It's either that... Or a Bigger, might I recomend a 200Gb 5400RPM Drive for your XBOX™? The only thing is... You may have to Chip your Box in oder for it to work. Sure it's a small investment to make, but I think once you head this way you'll only want to do it this way as you will save loads of time and Money on having to Burn Discs'...

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Sometimes there are files that can be deleted from the game folder prior to creating an .iso for burning. For example, Halo 2 was to big for a non-dual layer DvD but I deleted the credits and was able to back it up to a regular DvD-R.