XBOX iso dowloaded

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by onesixty, Oct 20, 2005.

1. onesixty

onesixty Member

I have downloaded an xbox iso file, (well 2 in fact). they are both .rar files. what do i need to do to get them on my xbox?

(i have previously ftp`d files to/from Xbox and PC with no problems so i know how do that.)

what should i do to unrar the file which file do i use? is it xboxgame00.rar or should it be xboxgame01.rar? etc

once i have un-rar`d the file what next? if i dont want to burn to DVD with decrypter can I ftp the files across to the xbox directly?

when i un-rar the files i end up with another file that i cannot open any further but the icon is the same as the .rar file but the size is correct i.e. 2.7Gb or 2.9Gb/

any help would b appreciated as i have 6gb of wasted space and wasted downloads at present,
    thanks in advance

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

When you download a game offline and there are multipul RAR files you need to excratct the first RAR file.

xboxgame00.rar
    xboxgame01.rar
    xboxgame02.rar
    xboxgame03.rar etc etc.

So you would choose xboxgame00.rar to extract the file that is in the RAR files. You only have to choose the first file then the rest will automaticly exctract making 1 large image file (iso) uasly.

Now if it is an Xbox game it is probably already in xISO form to burn to disc. So burn it to disc using Burn Image file option on your burning program.

If you want to FTP the game and play off your hard drive then get Quix from the link below and use it to Exctract the ISO image into a Folder. Once it has extracted the ISO image into the Folder with the game files in it you can now FTP that folder to your games folder on your Xbox.

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/index.html <----- Quix

3. onesixty

onesixty Member

cheers mate your a genius! they have successfully loaded onto the xbox
    cant wait to try them out

4. andersg

andersg Regular member

too bad my friggen xbox xploded. I wish i could try out all these things that every is doin with mod chips now.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@andersg you dont need a ModChip I have soft modded my Xbox threw game exploit so i didnt even have to open up my Xbox. But I did anyway cause I put in a 300Gig Hard drive in the Xbox to store games. Its so easy now all i have to do is choose the game I want in my games list and off it goes. Try finding a cheap used Xbox if you want to try this. I bought my Xbox for 50 bucks with a few games at a yard sale.

6. andersg

andersg Regular member

jeez,
    that sure was a good deal. at EBgames i saw one for 185 i think it was and i was almost gunna buy that.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have any Gaming stores around you (Gamestop/babeges) etc etc you should bebale to get used Systems there. I saw some for $130 at a Gmaestop store near me.

8. andersg

andersg Regular member

We got EBgames and Microplay but im pretty sure they stopped selling used systems for some reason. EBgames is where the expensive one was at
    PS: It might be cheaper if you are in the states

I was wondering. people who FTP into there Xbox's and make a copy of the disc and then put in on the xbox throuhgt FTP. Would it be possible tp download a xbox games iso and then burn that onto a disc. and bypass the FTP bit of backing up games ?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You have 2 ways to backup your Xbox game. #1 is to rip it to the Xbox hard drive and play it right off the hard drive. Which I do cause I upgraded my hard drive to a 300gig hard drive.

The other way is to FTP to your Xbox and copy the game from your Xbox DVD-ROM drive. You need to make an xISO to burn to a DVD blank disc to play.

You cant just put an Xbox game into your computer DVD drive and copy it like you can PS2 or movies. you have to use the Xbox DVD-ROM to do it.

Or you can always download the games off the net (torrent) and burn them to disc and play.

10. andersg

andersg Regular member

So if i go on a torrent site then i can download a xISO of a xbox games and then burn it and then play?
    No need to FTP ?

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

correct. Uasly when you get the Xbox game off the net via torrent file the game is already in xISO format which means just burn the xISO file onto disc which means no FTPing to your Xbox. The reason why you need to FTP to your gamecube Xbox to make a backup of a game from disc is cause you have to use the Xbox DVD-Rom drive to read the disc. If you download it off the net somone else has already done that for you. They just uploaded the game ISO for you to burn.

12. andersg

andersg Regular member

Ok That Makes Sense.
    What about Ps2 Can you just copy those games like any regular DVD ? or is there some form of FTP client for Ps2 ?

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can burn PS2 by placing that in your computer DVD-Burrner and use decrypter. by MODE/ISO/READ then once that makes the image backup burn with DVD Decrypter MODE/ISO/WRITE

SOme of the PS2 games might need to be rebuilt to fit on a DVD5 disc but most dont.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  14. andersg

andersg Regular member

Too Bad Xbox Games weren't that simple. It would be so much easier.