XBOX ISO with softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by JUSTIN47, Sep 11, 2005.

1. JUSTIN47

JUSTIN47 Member

HI I burned a xbox iso to a dvd using nero and i now want to know how to play it!! Can u just run the linux profile and then do something in evox from there or do i HAVE to get a mod chip _____ThankYou

2. westsides

westsides Guest

unleash x will let you play burnt games and save the to your hardrive if you want to talk about this more my aol im is westsidecolon

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

As long as the iso is burned to disc correctly it should play fine.
    Once your xbox is softmodded you don't need a mod chip to play a copied game disc. When you run the softmod installer make sure you backup your MS dash first/install the softmod and then install your dashboard.You need to have the gamesave on your xbox hdd before you attempt to softmod it. Games and movies won't autoplay within the dashboard. You have to select the option to "launch dvd"(different in some dash's) within the dashboard.The reason it doesn't autoplay is because in order to copy original game discs it's necessary to FTP the contents of a disc from the xbox dvd drive to your computer(game can't be running while you do this, have to be in the dash to FTP).

4. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

also if u put in ur game and the game doesn't launch and it doesn't give u any error messages then go to file explorer on unleashx and click on the d drive and click on the defult.xbe file and it will eith launch or if not done right not launch.

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Your xbox hhas to be modified in some way. You have two ways: Softmod or modchip.

6. spartini

spartini Guest

i dont know what u guys r talking about on evox and unleash x they have option on front screen play dvd.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

In order to play the backuop game it has to be either modded with a mod chip or you need to have the hardrive softmodded with the game exploit that runs lenix like is stated above in other post.

SO if you have softmodded your Xbox, you have to have some sort of Dashboard insatlled when you softmodded it.

Whatever dashboard your using you could have the autostart DVD or Game Option set to no.

So after the dashboard boots up and insert a game you have to click on play DVD to get the DVD or game to start.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  8. JUSTIN47

JUSTIN47 Member

Thanks i got unleash x on my xbox and I was able to play

9. westsides

westsides Guest

i have done every step but i still cant play my dvd i can save it to my hardrive but i cant play it. And can anybody with xbox iso please AOL instan mesage me my AIM screen name is westsidecolon.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2005
  10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@westsides

Try this and see if it will let you play your backup games.

FTP to your Xbox or go to the HD manager on the Xbox and find the "CACHE" folder. Mine was in the E: folder.

Once you find the "CACHE" folder open it and empty the folder. Clear it. Then reboot Xbox and try playing the game again.

I had the same probl;em with backups not playing and HD games not playing and this took care of the problem.

11. westsides

westsides Guest

no i mean i cant watch my dvds im using unleash x and yes i have the dvd playback kit

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2005