Xbox iso's

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gregr, Aug 29, 2005.

1. gregr

gregr Member

Hello, i am in need of some help :D

Well ive downloaded a xbox game from torrent site, then ive rared it so its a iso file, what shall i do next, ive tried to just burn the iso file with my dvd burner but, it doesent seem to work... is there something else i need to do? if so, what?!

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  3. westsides

westsides Guest

u can also use dvd decrypter in iso/write mode at the slowest speed better than nero and free

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2005
  4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Decrypter is probably the easiest programs for noobs to use when it comes to burning ISO's, because there are fewer options compared to Nero. Nero is honestly the ultimate burning program still in my mind...

5. alcapwn

alcapwn Guest

Wait, I thought you had to make it into an xISO to get it to work on Xbox, right? I have a game that I got in ISO form for Xbox and I burned it using Nero and it doesnt work in my Xbox.

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Make it into an XISO? Well, if you have an Xbox game on you computer, and it is in a folder, then yes, you need to create an XISO using a program such as Craxtion or Qwix.

Since you already had an XISO on your computer, then I suggest just using DVD Decrypter to burn your XISO.

Here is a guide on how to do that: http://www.teammodders.com/page.php?page=burnxboxiso

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If your game is on your PC in a folder like PimpDawg said, you can just transfer that folder to your xbox's game directory and be able to play it upon an xbox restart.

;) My 2 Cents

8. Tenie99

Tenie99 Member

I've donloaded a Xbox game (X Men 2..) from a site and its was RARED,i unpack it and its was a ISO file,and then i'd burned it with NERO(Extras\Burn Image) and it doesn'y work,it's the only game out of 4 that does not work and i'v done the smae with the others.
    What should I do? if u have some good timp please

PS: I also copyed the game on my Xbox HARDDRIVE and it still doesn't work,when i push the paly button the screen just turns black.

Please some tips

9. westsides

westsides Guest

my friend got his and it woked it was off of bitsoup.org but downloading xbox games is illegal haha

10. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

When you D/L'ed a Game in this case for the XBOX™. Chances are fairly good that'll already be in the XISO Format (a.k.a *.iso), There is no such thing as a *.xiso. It's simply a *.iso. What defines a XISO is the fact that the when you eventualy go to burn it it'll be wrtten in the native UDFX File Format, for the XBOX™ DVD-ROM Drive, as opposed to say a 9660ISO for FATxx\NTFS or HFS+ on Mac.

If you had previously copied a Game to your HDD and you decide that the time has come to burn it to a Media and free up some space. You will need to (or should), use something like Quixx! or Craxtion to pack up those Files into One XISO (i.e. GameName.iso),.

After which you can use the Media Burning Software of your choise. As long as it can burn .iso Images your Golden! You just might want to make sure that, if you have the option to toggle the Bitseting Switch, on your DVD+R\RW Burner. Then you should have it set to DVD-ROM. As this should and will help you to get the XBOX™ to read DVD+R\RW Media...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  11. Tenie99

Tenie99 Member

But u did not answer my questions, why it doesn't work after i done everything by the book? wht it doesn't work? PLease some HELP

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Tenie99
    To answer your question simply, the iso probably has one or more corrupted files involved. You should attempt to another source.

13. westsides

westsides Guest

get quick sfv its easy to find and its 308kb it will tell wich file is corrupt if one is if that still doesnt work then u got a fake file

14. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It could be a number of things, like you're dvd-rom drive. It could also be a corrupted file. You may also be burning the .iso too fast. Try burning as slow as possible.

15. westsides

westsides Guest

also are you using the same brand dvdr's you used for your other games?I ask because some brands cant be read by an xbox mainly the cheap brands or store brands.

16. Tenie99

Tenie99 Member

I used TRAXDATA DVDs,they are not very expesive they are at a normal price and i used them fot the other games as well and there is nothing wrong with the DVD-ROM because i burned another game with it NBA LIVE 2006 for XBOX and it wotk very well,and i burn them at the lowest speed posible 4x(i cant burn them at a lower speed).
    The thing is that the DVD-Rom that is int the XBOX reeds the DVD and sees the game,and i can also copy it on the XBOX HDD but when i push the play button the screen turns black like it wants to play it but it can go farther, i think that is a corrup file in the game but i cant understand how.
    Anyway thank you for your help

17. westsides

westsides Guest

if u have a pal xbox play it in pal mode if u have a ntsc xbox play it in ntsc mode that is probably the reason why it doesnt play

18. Tenie99

Tenie99 Member

The was the first thing that i tried to go from PAL to NTSC and backwards but still nothing, enough for a game,il get it again from another site and that its it

19. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

From PAL to NTSC? The only way you can play a PAL game on a NTSC console is to change the eeprom (Enigma Video Switch). If you tried to run a PAL game on NTSC, then it should come to no surprise that it didn't work.

20. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

are we sure you have the xbox game and not the ps2 game?