Xbox live and mods

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by oths08, Sep 3, 2005.

1. oths08

oths08 Member

In order to play halo 2 online do i have to turn the softmod off or completly remove it so i can play without getting banned?

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If you play online with a modified xbox period, you run the risk of getting banned sooner or later.

My advice 100 times over, either buy yourself two xboxes modded/original or play with third party programs for free (XB Connect/X-Link Kai) if you don't want to get banned.

3. oths08

oths08 Member

yeah but i heard that you can just turn the mod off and not be banned. So i was wondering if it was true. Or should i completely remove the mod from my xbox. I have a sofmodded xbox with Splinter cell and action replay and i installed it about a week ago. Since then everytime i went online i COMPLETELEY removed the mod. Should i keep removing it or should i just turn it off???

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Well aware of the chip on/off method and I took that into consideration before I made the above quote.

The only way you can not get banned is to use an [bold]UNMODIFIED XBOX[/bold] otherwise, there is always a chance.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  5. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

I have a mod chip in my xbox and have been playing on xbox live for 8 months, so I guess if you turn the soft mod off and you should be fine.

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Nobody has every said it won't work.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

In the past, people had to delete their softmod off their Xbox if they wanted to play online.

But, recently I read a post from somebody that stated they can get online w/ their softmod still installed.

Here is the tutorial: http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=143

8. oths08

oths08 Member

well i learned the hard way on how to get on xbl. i got banned pemanently from matchmaking and now my question is, is there a way to get "unbanned"?

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Your gonna have to change your EEPROM, just DL configmagic from the usual places and it has a readme file in it that tells you how it's done.

If you got banned on XBL for cheating, then I'm not gonna give u any more help, because I can't stand people who cheat on XBL!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2005
  10. oths08

oths08 Member

so i gotta get configmagic to get unbanned?? btw i DID NOT cheat with my mods. All i did was play 4 custom games with 5 of my freinds from my school. That is why i don't understanded why i got banned. I played custom not matchmaking.

11. oths08

oths08 Member

btw wat would be a good place to dl it from torrents, limewire, other sites???

12. oths08

oths08 Member

And another message (sry for all of the questions) but its not my xbox that was banned cause i can still go on my friends account its my gamertag so would configmagic make it so i can play matchmaking again?

13. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

well I hate to be the person too bring this up but i have an xecuter 3 chip and xbox live I ALWAYS SHUT MY CHIP OFF BEFORE ONLINE PLAY. Granted i was banned from matchmaking after 7 hours on an accout but that didn't stop me from creating new ones. Well this system was working fine untill one day i couldn't get on xbox live because of modified content!!!! WTF i thought. So i was checking around online and it turns out M$ is finding new ways to ban modders soft and hard from xbox live even though we are using the traditional methods of evading them!!! This will always remain a constant battle as for me my neighbor might be getting rid of his xbox so i think i will have to convince him to give me his eeprom and HD and then get back online!. Also it seems there are a VERY few amount of people who have gotten around the AU and have not posted it to anyone yet so it still remains a mystery to most people anyone know anything else bout it??