Xbox Live Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Chance86, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Chance86

Chance86 Guest

Hi everyone. I've got a problem with my xbox. First off i'll tell you what kind of connection i have. I have a compaq pc, running on windows xp (no special mods or anything). I just recently bought xbox live, and bought a cat5 ethernet cable to run a direct connection through my pc to my xbox. The thing is, my computer does not directly hook up to my family's DSL connection, it goes to the family computer in a different room. I connect to the internet through a linksys wireless b usb network adaptor.
    I was wondering if it was possible to run a direct connection to my xbox through my computer with the supplies i have. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Incy

Incy Member

you connecting to the internet through a wireless connection means that you probably (almost definitly) have a wireless router. if that is the case all you have to do is pop ur cat5 cable into the back of the router providing that you have an available port on the back of the router and then into the xbox. so yes you should be able to do it with the equipment you have.

also when you say, "my computer does not directly hook up to my family's DSL connection" i'm assuming you mean its not physically connected. and you should be good to go but if that doesnt work can you clarify what you mean by the DSL connection going through your family computer in the other room?

3. Tickles

Tickles Guest

i dont got dsl but my friend says that all he does i sign into the dsl provider and ten connects the ethernet cable to a lan switch and then he connects one to his comp and another to xbox for xbox live. as for me i just connect it directly to my cable modem. :D hope it helps