1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live for xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Strazza, May 16, 2005.

1. Strazza

Strazza Guest

from what i've heard, the xbox 360 will come with a free "silver" class xbox live subcription. but it sounds like you wont be able to play multiplayer online without a "gold" xbox live subscription which you have to pay for. please correct me if im wrong, this is just what i've heard.

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

here is the official word on that here:

Xbox Live: New Levels of Service Get Everyone in the Game
    Connect Xbox 360 to a broadband connection and get instant access to Xbox Live Silver, available for no monthly service charge with an Xbox 360 system. Players can express their digital identity through their Gamer Profile; connect with friends anytime, anywhere through Xbox Live voice chat; send and receive text and voice message; and access Xbox Live Marketplace to download demos and trailers along with new game levels, maps, weapons, vehicles, skins, classic arcade and card and board games, community-created content, and more to the detachable Xbox 360 hard drive — all right out of the box at no extra cost. Composed of user-generated information such as Achievements (rewards players have earned in games), Gamerzone (style of play), and a custom-created Gamertile (a visual icon to represent the gamer online), the Gamer Profile makes it easy to connect with the Xbox Live community.
    Gamers who subscribe to the premium service, Xbox Live Gold, can experience the thrill of multiplayer online gameplay. Gamer Profiles will provide a foundation for intelligent matchmaking, so players of similar skill levels and interests can quickly and easily connect, and the Xbox Live Camera peripheral will let gamers add their faces into games and see their friends while they play. Other Xbox Live Gold features for premium members include video messaging; online tournaments and ladders; and exclusive, original programming such as playing with celebrities online and joining sponsored tournaments to win prizes. And all Xbox 360 owners new to Xbox Live will kick-start their experience with a free month of the full subscription service, which will let them experience the full power of Xbox Live.

3. Strazza

Strazza Guest

thanks

4. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well i would like to have silver but gold sounds a lot better...