1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live silver

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by colinman, Jun 3, 2005.

1. firefox95

firefox95 Member

It has already been revealed that u will be able to use your old account from xbox on xbox 360. I have 2 questions

A. how will u be able to port the gamertag accros it is possible to add it form the HDD to a memory card but will the 360 be compatibal.

B. if you are allready subscribe to xbox live and say you are able to port your gamertag ID what service will you get will you get a gold or silver.

2. andreasis

andreasis Member

instead of comparing conflicted reports from some websites, look at the official description of the service from m$ themselves. its further up in the disscussion.

3. ninja_nip

ninja_nip Member

Just to throw in my 2cents. The free weekends they spoke of, I don't think means EVERY weekend. I took it to be more of a free trial period that they would throw out every now and then. You know, like HBO has free weekends sometimes.

Also, as stated above, the silver gives you access to all the basics: marketplace stuff, downloads, & whatever else. The gold's big plus is playing the games online.

4. GAMER132

GAMER132 Member

Hey do u guys think we will need a credit card for em? or just gold?

5. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

I heard that on silver level u will not even be able to play on multyplayer also is it true the 360 was only running on alpha chips at e3

6. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

look at what i found i got this on the xbox site

Xbox Live Silver level

Create an online Gamer Profile
    Access the Xbox Live Marketplace
    Engage in voice and text messaging
    Talk to a single friend at a time using voice chat
    Receive video messages from Gold level members
    Access massively multiplayer online games (additional fees may apply)

Xbox Live Gold level

Paid level of service
    All the features of Silver level, and additionally:
    Play multiplayer games online
    Video chat
    Multiplayer online tournaments
    Participate in Xbox Live online programming, such as Game with Fame, Play and Win, and Prime Time activities

7. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

for silver play does anyone know what the aditional fees are

8. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

i think its saying that to access multiplayer games you have to pay additional fees- meaning you have to suscribe to gold

9. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

Theres hardly no fun in silver if you cant play online for free like Ps2 online. If only they had online play for silver only a different version of it from gold.(Ive been waiting for free xbox live for a long time but I guess that will never happen)

*begins to swear and punches his PC screen*

"Ouch!!! Im going to feel that tommorow"

Peace out!

10. xboxkid17

xboxkid17 Guest

hey how much would have to pay for the gold service is like monthly ... and how do u get it do u buy a disc or somite ? ....

11. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

okay i have it worked out dr.cool is right i have heard this from plenty of scources (all reliable)

when it refers to mmo's its the same deal as pc you buy the game and pay a monthly fee to play it online just like Everquest $15 au a month and you can stop playing at anytime

with silver you can chat and get updates and the like but you can not play your adverage games like halo and doom online for that you must get gold

for current xbl users on xbox1 their xbl acc's and gamertags will be rolled over onto the new gold service and you can play both xbox1 and xbox360 on live with the same subscription

i hope that clears it all up and i would be will ing to chop my own hand off if i was wrong about it :p

12. xboxkid17

xboxkid17 Guest

Hey is it true u can link up ure psp with the xbox 360 i know u can link up ure ipod and that which u cant on the ps3. on this website u can do all that on the xbox 360 ? can u ?

13. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

I heard a rumor of gold being free on weekends is it true?

Peace out!

14. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Lol xboxkid17, no ones posted in this thread for two months. Anyway, I think that Xbox Live Gold will be free on some weekends, maybe a few times a year, just like some cable providers (HBO...etc) are free a few times a year for a few days to try to get people to buy it.

15. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

yeah i think they may have a few very occasional promo days where you get to use the features of gold with your silver acc

16. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Exactly.

17. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

If it hasn't been answered the price for XBL Gold is the same as the price for XBL now.

18. Inferno05

Inferno05 Regular member

that's pretty much what i figured glad i was right ...whew..load off my mind lol