XBox Media Center Extender

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by prechaun, Oct 26, 2005.

1. prechaun

prechaun Member

Hey everybody.
    I live in ireland and i bought an xbox media center extender on ebay from the states last week. It arrived today and i tried to install it only to realize that it wont work because when i put the dvd that came with it in to the xbox it gives me an error saying that the "game" is from the wrong region. Does anyone know of a way out of this? Is there a way that i could copy the dvd and change its region settings the way you can with a normal "Movie" dvd? If i do this, will my xbox be able to even play the dvd seen as it isn't modded or chipped? I'm pretty peaved with this, so any ideas would be great. Thanks

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If it's an actual xbox program using an .xbe file to run it(which I would bet it is) you'll probably have to do 1 of 2 things. Either call microsoft and tell them you bought an extender online and you have the wrong region of dvd and see if they will send you a new one or modify your xbox.

3. prechaun

prechaun Member

Hey, thanks for the reply.
    Well when I put it into my pc, and first of all let it autorun, it starts a short video and then says "This is an Xbox game disk. Please put it in your Xbox to start playing.". And then if I just use my pc to browse it all i see in it is one folder "VIDEO_TS" that contains some vob, ifo and bup files. I presume these are just from the video that it displays. Can you not use the pc to check for a ".ibe"?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

your pc will not read any xbox game file on a disc.