Xbox Media Center -- No Hard Drive -- Please Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Canuck420, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Canuck420

Canuck420 Member

I have tried what seems like everything...but obviously not. I have a modded XBox without a HD. I was given 2 burned games with it that are Memorex DVD+R. I tried using Maxell DVD+R but they did not work. I have tried using DVD Decrypter, Nero, IMGBurn, and some other XBox specific programs but I cannot seem to produce a working game. I also burn at 2.5 kb/s. Am I using the wrong DVDs, the wrong programs, burning too fast or am I just computer retarded? Any feedback would really help.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

How can you have no hard drive? You need a HD to cache files among other things!

3. Canuck420

Canuck420 Member

I'm new to this whole thing so I don't really know, but I was told that I do not have a HD. Maybe they meant that I cannot save games to my xbox. But anyways, I have tried different computers, different programs, nothing seems to be working.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Ok, lets clarify. You HAVE a HD! Now, you have a modded Xbox... are you sure? Does it go to the MS Dash or to another one with options to play games from the hard drive and the like? When you start your xbox up and the green flbber "Xbox" comes up, does it say "Microsoft" in white lettering underneath it or or something else!?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

try some 8X DVD-R discs rather than the +R
    Some Xbox's have problems reading +R.

also try and get some quality media.
    I have heard Maxcell works ok, Memorex is junk. Verbatim is pretty good and some people have had luck with Sony as well. I have used Philips & Taiyo Yuden and they work every time.

Burn the (ISO file)on 8X DVD at 4X with IMGburn or DVD Decrypter.

that and the above may be a problem. Make sure that the Xbox is modded correctly.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  6. Canuck420

Canuck420 Member

When I turn my xbox on it starts up as normal and then the green eject ring turns yellow and a black screen comes up with a "Xbox Media Center" logo appearing. Then it brings me to the menu where I can choose from games, videos, music, etc. The 2 games that I have, Madden 07 and NHL 07, are on Memorex DVD+R and work fine. Thanks for any help. I will also try 8x DVD-R. Thnx.