xbox messed up need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by k2skatn, Apr 8, 2006.

1. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

ok, i tried modding my xbox and i did. but i must have missed a spot in the tut....well anyways now whenever i boot up my xbox, i get a long message with all the crap, and i cant get my dash, or to my main screen. is the some kinda reset button my xbox that i can clear my xbox with? also, if i do this, will i be able to keep my on-line tag if i reset my xbox?

2. Voodooz

Voodooz Guest

There's no reset button.Can you boot any original games?If so you maybe able to get your dashboard back on eg:Forza by going to live game and new account.This reinstalls the ms dashboard.If you can't boot anything then you'll more than likely need a modchip to sort it out.

3. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

no as soon as i boot my xbox up, the only thing that comes up is a black message saying somthing like: "Xbox Dashboard could not be read...." so are u possitive that there is no button to reset my xbox???

4. Voodooz

Voodooz Guest

Did you turn the xbox on, put the game in then turn the xbox off then back on? Try a few games, my xbox would only boot forza luckily.
    Try getting slayers 2.6 burn it to cd-rw or dvd-rw and see if that boots up.
    If your xbox still won't boot anything then I think only a modchip will let you fix it.
    There is no reset function on the xbox.

5. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

well whats is slayer 2.6? and what modchip would i need?

6. Voodooz

Voodooz Guest

Slayers is an installer disc that lets you do quite a few things to your xbox, install dashboards,applications,rebuild hdd,etc.
    As for a modchip I've always used xecuter chips myself they are considered to be the best.

7. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

thanks, last question (sorry) is slayer a program, that i can download? or do i have to buy it?

8. Voodooz

Voodooz Guest

You can download slayers from most torrent sites or #xbins(there's a tutorial on xbox-scene for using #xbins).
    Good luck with fixing your xbox, feel free to send me a private message if you need more help.