xbox modded with Xenium Ice solderless...now what?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by snipa120, Jun 12, 2005.

1. snipa120

snipa120 Member

ok the xbox is modded with the xenium ice solderless i can get the xenium dashboard up
    i got the retail kernel to work
    but what do i need now to be able to backup games to my xbox?
    i am a complete newb to this so whatever help i can get would be great
    -thanks all

2. bbright27

bbright27 Member

You'll need a hacked bios in order to run/backup/play games from your hard drive or dvd-r (whatever type). You should be able to get one from a torrent site, if not try XBins on IRC.

After that, just load the hacked bios onto a CDRW or DVD with a crap load of junk files (at least 250MB) worth, then read the bios from the CD through the Xenium dash. Load the new bios, and done. Choose the hacked bios as your default startup, and your good to go.

You'll need apps in order to copy games to your hard drive...best bet is to get a copy of Slayers Auto Installer 2.5 (I think that's the newest version...just get the newest version)...put it on a CDRW and load all of your stuff from that disc. If I'm not mistaken, Slayer's also has hacked bios' on it as well, so basically just search for Slayer's. 2.6 might actually be the newest version...not sure. See if you can find the official website.

You'll need DVD2XBOX in order to copy games to your hard drive, and XBMC is a great program for playing movies and music.

Slayer's also gives you the option of how you want to install everything...f & g drive, or just a large f drive...all depends on what bios you choose. This is if/when you put in a bigger hard drive.

I'll keep checking this in case you need some more help.