Xbox not compatible with some games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by chipedxb, Dec 14, 2005.

1. chipedxb

chipedxb Member

I've notice over the past few years that certain games crash on my xbox. For exapmle forza will crash only on a certain track everytime, I've downloaded it on three sepatate occasions(sp)and they all do the same thing same track every time. The rest of the game works fine.

It happens every time no matter what region setting it is on. I patch every game with craxtion4. My phillips drive loves maxell +r's and my xbox is either a v1.3 or 1.4 running a chameleon chip with evox 3935.

I doubt people keep posting bad games, so maybe someone can find the fault in my buring/extraction process. I download the game as 50 meg files that are in winrar format along with par2's. After I run quick par, I click on a files and it runs winrar, extracting the files to an iso, and burn w/dvd decrypter. I have burned many games like this with no problems, but can't burn forza many times and downloaded and a few others that crash on a certain point in the game?

I don't see making the iso with craxtion any better because I've burned many games like this successfuly.

Any oppions are appreciated.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

where is it freezing at, i can try mine this weekend and see if it does the same thing.
    If not i can PM you other possible ways to do it.

3. chipedxb

chipedxb Member

It always crashes on the shipyard levels, no matter which car and race type. thanks for the reply.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

I'll check mine this weekend, and hope these are not levels that need to be unlocked. As i have not really played mine yet.
    But mine was copied off an original disc and not a DL copy