xbox softmod problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Tybro9, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

i softmodded my xobox not long ago and somehow i messed it up, i went to the original xbox dashboard and put the parental control on to the highest rating, now i can only turn on my xbox and all i get is the poweron logo,, and i dont know how to fix this problem, is there anyway to use windows xp to erase the softmod save from my harddrive, or am i screwd?

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Does it still play games in dvd (both backup and original)? What actually did you do to xbox before it messed up? If you did nothing, xbox broke by itseft. Then look closely to hdd to see if it spins. Maybe it broke.

3. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

no, it wont play anything,, i turn it on and get the Xbox Logo, and thats it, cant do anything else,, and what did i do? well i got a softmod done to it, and my cousin came over for the weekend, and so i put the parental control lock on to Ao, so he couldnt play my games and delete or save ove files,, and then when i went to turn it on, it did the usual start up and stopped at the big "X" and thats it, dont know what to do.. and what is HDD?

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hdd is hard drive inside the xbox. It may crash because xbox is hang at the big X. Otherwise you will see error code or something.

5. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

so your saying that im pretty much screwd?

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Let see what I can do.

The first thing is to make sure the hdd still working. Turn on xbox and try to listen to the hdd to hear if it spins.