xbox to pc hookup with a crossover cable

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bjross99, Jul 3, 2005.

1. bjross99

bjross99 Member

can anyone tell me step by step how to hookup a xbox to a pc with a crossover cable and connect to flashfxp

2. Magic606

Magic606 Guest

yes

but i need to know more information

e-mail me at [EMAIL ADDY REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No more info. is needed from you, Magic just wants every person and their mom to email him for some reason?

This is coming straight from this website, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/ftpingproblem.htm

[bold]Using dashboard such as EvolutionX...[/bold]
    [bold]1)[/bold] First, make sure that your firewalls are all turned off, and possibly your anti virus software. In your settings in the dash, make sure it is set to static, and we'll make your IP address this, 192.168.0.3 Also, make the primary DNS the same as your computers IP address shown below.

[bold]2)[/bold] On your computer, go to "Start" "Control Panel" "Network and Internet Connections" "Network Connections" Then right click your "Local Area Connections" and click "Properties" Click on "Internet Protocol TCP/IP" and then click the "Properties" button. Now, make sure that the "Use the following IP address" is selected. Type in this IP address, 192.168.0.4 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 Click "Ok" Note: your computer may need to be restarted if you are using an older version of Windows.

[bold]3)[/bold] Reboot your Xbox now, and if your computer is running an older OS than Windows XP, reboot that also.

[bold]4)[/bold] Now, open up FlashFXP and click the lightning bolt in the upper middle part.

[​IMG]

A window will popup as shown below.

[​IMG]

[bold]5)[/bold] Type your Xbox's IP address in the "Server or URL" text box in FlashFXP (192.168.0.3). If set up correctly, your user name and password should both be xbox, all lower case, unless you changed it. Now click connect and within a few seconds, you should see a picture as shown below with your Xbox folders on the right hand side.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005
  4. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

Now im here mad looking for the same answer and end up LAUGHING at what you said about Magic inlove with people e-mailing hom :) LOL

5. lacedup

lacedup Member

Hello, I just tried your method and it wont work for me. I have soft modded my xbox using unleashedX. I am using a belkin router. Please assist me bt emailing me [EMAIL ADDY REMOVED]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Forum rules people - let's read them! Posting email addies isn't allowed.

7. tgienger

tgienger Member

The only thing I noticed missing ( skimmed over it ) was that in the dashboard you want to put the computers ip address as the primary dns.

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yeah, I just noticed I forgot that, I'll add it.

And lacedup, you should not use my method above if you are using a router. This is for using a crossover cable.

9. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

is crossover same as cat 5?

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Cat 5 is the ethernet cord itself, and does not have to be made into crossover. There are many types of ethernet cable: Cat 3, Cat 5, Cat 6, and so on....

Read a little more about this here:

http://www.aptcommunications.com/ncode.htm

11. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

where can i get a crossover cable???

12. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

any pc store, but they are A LOT cheaper if you go through an online site. online I seen them as cheap as $.99 (ebay). usually at best buy or a place like that you can find them for $10 or more.

13. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Great! Thanks..

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Whatever you do, don't waste $15 on the Xbox brand crossover cable. Talk about a huge rip off! M$ makes them for probably $.20 a piece and has the nerve to sell them for $15! Doesn't Bill Gates already have enough money?

15. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

yeah and the way they fancy up the name, The "Xbox System Link".
    Ooh How official! lol

16. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

haha, yup, the fancy name draws in the crowd. I bet that they have made hundreds of thousands just on those cables alone!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2005
  17. MISTRE6

MISTRE6 Member

I'm new to this conversation, but i get the general gist and I would like to know if it is possible to connect via a router and standard CAT 5 cable, and if so, how?

18. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest