xbox to wired router to wireless router

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by keloid, Oct 25, 2005.

1. keloid

keloid Member

Ok, so I finally have a modded xbox. The xbox is in another room in the house from my computer and internet connection. I'm hoping to have internet access via the xbox. I currently own a wired router...

Would this work: connecting xbox to the wired router; wired router to a regular 802.11g wireless router; then another regular 802.11g wireless router to the computer and cable/dsl modem?

I realize that i could simplify this by getting a wireless gaming adaptor or gaming bridge, but since i have a router already, my scenario might be more cost effective. Any opinions on this?

Keloid

2. XboxxHaxx

XboxxHaxx Guest

Well K,the only problem I came across using a 802.wirless router is that serious slow ftp time.It works just not worth the wait.But yes all you need is a pc card 2 go with your router connect to the router via pc card and connect to xb.

3. westr2424

westr2424 Member

Two wireless routers don't talk to each other very well. They both want to be the boss. One of the routers must be able to be configured as an access point. You're better off getting one wireless router and one wireless "access point". Which should be cheaper anyway.

4. XboxxHaxx

XboxxHaxx Guest

Yea xactly,dam K I did'nt think you were trying to run 2 wlan routers if your gunna do the 802.wireless I would just go with one if you have to but just run a 25-50ft dsl cord from the cpu to the router it'll also run lan.So you can still keep it.That's what I did.

5. keloid

keloid Member

Thanks for the info. Just managed to successfully hookup the xbox to my pc through the router. Using qwix, so i just have to learn how to burn an iso to dvd now. All good so far... it's just a pain in the ass to bring the xbox to the computer all the time. Would be alot easier with a wireless lan... Would also like internet access or maybe even xbox live some day... anyone suggest an 802 wireless b or a wireless g?? is there much of a difference??

Keep up the good work...

6. XboxxHaxx

XboxxHaxx Guest

Na,not really just run a 20ft.dsl to your XB.