Xbox360 DVD ROM Question ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hindle89, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hindle89

hindle89 Member

Hi guys i have just got a RROD so i went and got a new xbox360 .......i also have a modded xbox360 ....can i use the DVDROM out of the broken xbox to backup games via my PC ??? cheers

anthony

2. Swango

Swango Member

Are you asking if you can use an original xbox dvd in a 360? That wouldnt a "backup" question but I am not a moderator so, okay. I dont have the 360 but I am pretty sure they changed their dvd drives. It seems the dvd drive comes with a "key" not unlike the EEPROM from the original xbox that locks that hard drive to the motherboard. Evidently the 360 is doing this with the dvd drive as well. So you need to get the key from the old drive and put it with the new drive in order to use it with your 360.

Also from more reading it appears that the 360 has a SATA dvd drive where the original is IDE, therefor the "hookups" arent the same.

Like I said I dont own the 360 just about 15 modded original xboxes so I have just searched these forums and read for you. Try posting in the 360 forums for more help.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please look/post in the xbox 360 forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.