1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox360-Probably gonna be easier to mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Quadratic, May 12, 2005.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Looking at the specs (at least the ones leaked), this bad boy shouldn't be hard to conquer. They're practically asking for it (2 USB ports?)

What do you guys think?

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

Think there will be a mod for it right after it comes out.

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

i don't think it will be easy to mod at all and to tell you the truth i don't see very many hackers forking out 500.00 for a console then taking it apart with the risk of screwing the console up

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Actually, most hackers have connections and can get them for wholesale prices. :p

5. prowler19

prowler19 Member

Usually this stuff happens in groups of people, so costs will be divided.

Plus the money that is made after the mod is released is more that enough to make it worthwhile.

I am curious to see how much this system will cost.

6. Dodgybro

Dodgybro Member

What I have been reading about the Retail Sale date is that, all other forums have said
    "Since the Xbox 360 has came out and is said to be double as good, that the release date shale be DEC 8"
    If you havent noticed it is double the month and date.
    So what do you think?

7. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

If this machine is like the original it will be very easy to mod because not only because of the 3 usb ports (two in front, one in back), removable HDD, etc.

But if you read the new xbox live silver edition and the new "xbox system guide" this could be a HUGE problem for modders. M$ (which got All of their "new" ideas from the modders, if you see the ourcolony.net credits, they credit a bunch of modding sites) has this new "Always On" feature that always have xbox live connected and the xbox system guide is internet (and most likely M$ server controlled) supported, does two things. 1. if its anything like the original, modding it, on the most part, renders xbox live useless, which is now going to be a HUGE part of the 360. and 2. if you cant use the system guide then alot of the cool stuff the 360 can do will be unavailable.

On the other hand, I have a lot of faith in the modding community. They Always find a way. I mean look at the spider chip did for the v6 of the original. Them modders always find a way.

8. im-drukqs

im-drukqs Member

My friend is one of the somewhat up there modders for xbox, he created 2 or 3 mods with 3 other people.. From what he tells me Xbox 360 is gonna get bitch slapped like no other...

They will buy it, and they will mod it, its the greatest rush for them and they cant control themselves, also sometimes modding websites sponsor them with most of the money

9. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

dont mean to be hard on you, but I hate when people say the whole "I know a friend who..." What actacully does your friend do and what has he done for the original xbox. If you can tell me it will give you much more credability. Like I said, dont mean to be hard on you, but a lot of people are worried about n00bs.

10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

"i don't think it will be easy to mod at all and to tell you the truth i don't see very many hackers forking out 500.00 for a console then taking it apart with the risk of screwing the console up"

Please. $500 isn't going to stop them. In fact, that's a very low price for a dedicated hacker.

11. im-drukqs

im-drukqs Member

I told you what he does, he helped create some mods for xbox.. If your asking which mods he helped make or what aspect of making the mod he was contributing to i do not know.

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

$500???? I thought it was going to release somewhere between $249 to $299? And I was looking on Team Xecuters site the other day, and they have already started researching the specs of the system. I bet within the first 6 months of the Xbox 360 release a chip will be already out for it. Probably from either Team Xecuter or Team Xodos. I for one am going to wait for atleast a year or two to buy one, so all of the kinks get figured out.

I wonder if all of the games now are going to be dvd-9? I will have to fork out some cash for a dual layer burner then, that sucks!

13. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

No matter how advanced the technology gets, people will always find a way to frig with it.
    Quite often you will find that the people who build the technology are the ones who help crack it. So... of coarse the Xbox 360 will get modded.

14. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

The bottom line for me is i cant offord to pay 80 dollars a game. i couldnt care less about live (i use kai) i dont care about downloadable content (i can download all that without the help of LIVE.) odds r ill be buying a mod chip long befor i buy a 80 dollar game. (im in canada thats why its $80)

15. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

$80 dollars?! and i thought the UK was expensive... :)

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  16. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I dont think the games will hit $80 dollar, that is way too high. but I think they will hit $60

17. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

id say $60 dollars is about right, that would be like 35-40 quid in the UK which is like what they are now...maybe a bit cheaper at the moment

18. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

the xbox wont be 500 dollars... The online will be enabled at all times if you wish to use it.. And why not? this time around it's free.. i'll tell you what i have a moddedxbox but this baby aint getting touched w/ a mod till i get 2 i'm not gonna loose my only thing that i get for free from microsoft "live"... and it will be much much harder to mod this time around... Microsoft isnt stupid #1 make money #2 stop hackers, modders, thiefs... :) not that it wont get modded but it wont be easy... but who cares i'm not the one doing it anyways good luck to the ones out there lol
    flameon

19. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

You guys dont understand. Im in canada. Top selling games already sell at about $69.99, and i cant imagine what top selling games will cost for Xbox 360 after tax. I think itll hit the $80 mark for sure.

20. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

I doubt that this system will cost 500 dollars or even 400 dollars. If it does then what ever system charges the least(Nintendo) will definitely win out. Can you imagine shelling out 500 dollars for a console and then paying 69.99 per game? That is why Nintendo 64 faltered. I somewhat believe that it will be easier to rip and play ripped games and movies on the Xbox 360 but I am not sure it will be easy to mod. Remember the Xbox was pratically(not entirely) a computer in a console case. But with a new proc I wonder if IBM will have new built in features to make it harder if not damn near impossible to mod the system. I think it is a lot that no one knows about this new system. Plus you have to remember that Microsoft future is dwarting unathorized use of medias.

I mean with the new Longhorn OS I read you will be able to burn and watch dvd's on your computer but that same disk will not work on consumer dvd playes. I have also heard rumors that Microsoft has a program in the Longhorn OS that will make "burned" material time elapse. So after a certain designated time "burned and ripped" copies of material will either slowy degrade in quality or totally disappear. I know that the Moguls for the Record and Motion Picture companies are very happy with the new Longhorn OS and have thrown their complete support and endorsement.

On another board that is why I stated that I truly believe that Longhorn OS will be the reason you will see Linux take double digit % points in the OS and software market. I think that Longhorn will be a godsend but also a total hinderance. So I really can see that the Xbox 360 not being as easily mod-able as some may think but I could be wrong. But what is this Dual Disk support crap. I know they are saying they will support "burned dual layer disks" but aren't most motion picture dvd's are dual layer so that really isnt an advantage. ANd I thought I read about 5 months ago that Xbox 360 would support HD DVD but so far I have read any thing to that affect from online newsletters and forums. Will PS3 support for Blu ray, backwards compatibility for all the PS titles(ps1 and ps2), and ability to display HD images on two HD displays give PS3 the edge?