1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox360-Probably gonna be easier to mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Quadratic, May 12, 2005.

1. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SPECULATING ON THE PRICES OF THE XBOX & PS3.

A round about range of $300 was stated...That's it. Here is a fact for you though. Since E3, reservations/pre-order payments for the XBOX 360 have been accpeted at a minimum of $50. That's all we know unless you work for Microsoft and have got the inside scoop.

2. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

It will retail for 300 dollars. It was recently mentioned in a news source.

3. 12ick2000

12ick2000 Member

im definatly gunna mod my x360 as soon as a chip comes out. im not ready to pay 60 dollars a game. i modded my xbox and it has paid for itself oh...20 times over lol.
    personally i make some mods for computer apps with my genius friends and we do it just for fun. i am sure that no matter what.. there will be a mod for the x360 sooner or later. Removable hdds will definatly make it easier cuz people will probably sell premodded hdds for a price. like softmod. it will be interesting to see how it all happens.
    i dont think that microsoflt will let it be as easy to put in a chip cuz as iv read.. the x360 will be water cooled and all this fancy stuff. and sincethe system is small i dunno if there will be etra space. and i dont want some chip hanging out of my xbox. who knows... 60 dollars a game is pretty steep. One thing i dont understand is why would microsoft care about mmaking thier system hard to mod. if it is easy i think that more people would buy their system... just less games.. lol ...sucks for stupid EA
    whaddya think?

4. jaqbly

jaqbly Member

the xbox 360 is already has every thing except playback of copied games so all that is needed is a hacked bios it should be easy---4 me to hack and as soon as i do i will release it on my server. the ps 3 is tight but does not compare to the xbox 360. i have 3 xbox 360 reserved for november so i should have the hack in december. ps. im an x m$employee end very angry with the company..

5. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Well thats quite a claim your maken there. its not that i dont believe ya.... its just quite a claim.

6. cmmnsense

cmmnsense Guest

Sony is equiping the PS3 with something called "security firmware". Not much is known about it but it is accepted that it is designed against modding.

Rumor: Microsoft is part of it and will have it too.

Siny and Microsoft were unaware modding would grasp their consoles. The know now and the next-gen consoles are going to fight it. How well it will work we have yet to see. I hope a few hundered consoles go down trying and the modders lose $$, because I would learn from their mistake and get a good chuckle at the attemt. I sure as hell wouldn't attempt it. Modding was easy on these consoles, because there was nothing designed against it.

7. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Security firmware.... ouch. well we all know that firmware is hackable. ;)

8. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

u used to work for ms?? please explain...

9. kutiya

kutiya Member

Ps3 will be sold in Nippon for around 40,000 yen(thats around 400 dallas U.S.)

10. kutiya

kutiya Member

I am confused!!!!...Isnt the whole "IDEA" is to sell more consoles around the world why are they fighting modding.Sony will sell more consoles if ps3 is moddable(?).Sony and microsoft should do some market research, there are many countries where these consoles are not officially introduced so these countries dont get original dvd's so eventually they mod the damn thing....There can only be 1 logical explaination that all game makers gave sony enough money to make a uncrackable(?) machine.

sorry for my angrezi(english)

11. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

The idea is to sell more consoles, but consoles are usually sold at a loss so sony or MS could make money on the games.

12. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

To the above guy: How can you even mention that is the only explaination. The explaination is that Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony don't make a profit initial launch of consoles. As a matter of fact they always sell them for a loss but hope the make up profits from licensed games and other services offered. With advanced online gaming, the game console creators will be able to make more money selling level extentions to for your games, downloadable games, exclusive monthly content and others.

Microsoft and Sony are not just selling a game console but an entire home entertainment system built into one nice small device. Microsoft and Sony have their on formats for movies and music and this will allow them to market media content to customers. Sony can sell downloadable movies or music from its extensive library if you get the optional harddrive. Imagine what Microsoft can do with its partnered music, movies sites. That is why I believe that nintendo has no shot at competing the next go round but I will comment on this on nintendo forum.

13. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Well if you want to get in to detail yes.

Also, about nintendo, the problem they have is because they do not like get parts from other companies. They perfer to develop the machines themselves to get max profit out of them, that is also why they always stick to the nintendo based character games, because they develop them and reek the profits from them.

14. edsrouter

edsrouter Member

I disagree. I think Bill Gates knows what he's doing as far as the business side of it goes. Let's face it. "Modding" is a big threat to game developers. Any technology that can feeble-mindedly pirate games (although what intellectual gains can be made from such technology is remarkable) means at least some loss of revenue for game developers and Microsoft as a whole. The consoles themselves M$ loses on each sale. How much did they lose on each x-box? Something like $100? 360 probably won't be much different.

15. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

Well Bill Gates may be smart, but we're smarter.... it's so that we bought us some time so we're planning releasing our "Nexus" in december it ain't quite ready, but anyway.... if a group of 20 members would put each 20€ it wouldn't be too much would it...

16. DEMORIS

DEMORIS Member

Actually, MS lost 25$ per console, and they will lose 75$ on the xbox 360 (guessed). Anyways, the 360 should be easier to hack than the 360. Why is that? Because the bluray discs have a seperate encryption per 6KB. Yes, you read that right. I you hack one encryption, you get 6KB of the 50 GIG! I guess you could do what they did with the encrpyted itunes songs and bipass it entirely, but that will take a while.

17. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

umm what did ya drink?
    we're talking about xbox360 here, not ps3

18. jlbravo

jlbravo Member

does virtual chips work okay?
    if you use them you can take it out and any way use the warranty=????

19. Slith

Slith Guest

Virtual chips?

20. jlbravo

jlbravo Member

yes, the ones that you just need to install a disk, with some software, and you alñso need splinter cell, die another day, or mechassault, they said it can be taked aut, and anyway use the warranty.
    is it true?