1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xeno PS / Matrix Clone Questionz

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by pn0yb0i, Dec 6, 2006.

1. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

In order to boot the lenschanger app from a PS2 memory card you will have needed to install lenschanger to the MC on another PS2 with either the exploit or a mode chip to mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF then you can boot the app after a successful install of your dev1 mode chip. Then just flash the EEPROM to the KHS-400C.

As far as your laser goes, does either one of them work in your other PS2? The KHS-400C with the white ring is the older of the two just so you know. The actions your are describing is very similar to that of a PS2 with the wrong laser type. However a bad laser can do the same.

Yes the two white cogs on your V9 do adjust the hight of the laser rails. I have found that on the V9 adjusting them much more then the factory settings doesnt help much.

I would start by verifying which laser is working.

2. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

It was working few days before I installed it into the V9.

3. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Now its not working in the V5 either?

4. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

I need some Soldering help.... I got my hands on a v4 Mobo, and the bios connections are clean as ever. THe only problem is that the v4 installation is a pain because you have to solder wires onto the little circles on the bottom of the mobo. My solder wont stick. Is soldering flux like an adhesive for solder?

5. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

You're kidding right?

kc

6. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

No solder flux makes the solder flow better and adhere to the copper better because it actually cleans the copper of oxides when its heated with your iron. You get a much better bond when you use flux.

7. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

Yay, I got the chip working.

Only 1 problem, It wont boot PSX Games. I soldered the "S" Wire to the "SCEX" location. When I place a CD-R PSX game, in the Menu it reads it as a PS2 CD (Blue Disc). Is there a way to switch its modes?

Oh yeah, today I bought 2 "Broken" PS2's for 40$. I went home and cleaned the lasers. Works like NEW! Haha, the guy I bought it from wants to get ris of them, So I am planning to buy all 20 "Broken" (laser problem) PS2's. Hell even if the Laser dosent work, I can get good cash for selling the Motherboards do you think?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  8. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Well if its booting PS2 games just fine and not PSX it could be one of two things. Your SX wire may be incorrect, or your reset wire is incorrect. One way to determine this would be to boot the console into PSX mode. To to this hold the circle button from standby and tap reset. This will force the chip into PSX mode (this is how the MI is anyway and since the xeno PS is a clone....). If the PSX game boots I would suspect the reset point. The way auto boot works is when the chip detects anything other then a PS2 game (default mode) it reboots the console and the chip into PSX/DVD mode. If the rest wire is incorrect it cant successfully do this.

Getting the 20 consoles was a real find, good job!

9. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

I suppose that the SCEX wire is the problem. When it tries to boot a psx game, the laser Freaks out with chicky-clunky noises, and the Eject utton starts to flash.... and i can hear the laser Spazming.

Ill check the SCEX wire today. (lol "SCEX")

10. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

Checked the S CEX wire, it was fine. Any other wires affiliated with the PSX boot?

11. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

The 'Y' wire with the original MI also affects PSX game booting.

12. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

Oh great.

I set the video mode to VGA (by accident) and now i have no freaking clue how to put it back. Any ideas on Keystrokes?

[edit] nvm fixed, Going to switch the Y wire to the original MI position.... see how it works.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  13. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

Switched Y wire, still prioblem persists.

VGA FISED - False alarm. How do i RESTORE settings?

14. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

Problem Fixed, now gonna try to Diagnose the PSX problem

15. hutriel

hutriel Member

I just installed a Xeno chip, and it seemed to be working fine, then the game I was playing crashed and now the PS2 loses it's language/location setting when I reset it, and it doesn't read discs anymore.

Anyone know why the problem?

Thanks

16. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Sounds like one of your CDVD points is shorting to ground. What version is your PS2?

17. hutriel

hutriel Member

It's a v5.

Are those the contacts on the flip side of the unit (Xeno labels them B,G,H,I)?

Well, I'm taking apart to check it out anyway, I'll report back.

18. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Yes the CDVD points would be the points on the back of your V5. Also if they are shorting to each other you might get the same problem.

19. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

Its usually the G and H points.

20. hutriel

hutriel Member

When I opened the unit, everything looked fine, but I re-soldered the G and H wires to make sure nothing was touching when the case was on and it works now.

Thanks for the help!