1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xeno PS / Matrix Clone Questionz

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by pn0yb0i, Dec 6, 2006.

1. pn0yb0i

pn0yb0i Member

Told ya.

Kool, everything works here too. yay!

2. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Right on to the both of you!

Have fun!

3. xeonox

xeonox Regular member

Does that mean that the scph-50001 model (v9) has one of the worst lasers (or laser problems) out of all the ps2 models?

4. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

no that'd be a V12

kc

5. xeonox

xeonox Regular member

"In General" on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being V12 laser and 10 being the best model PS2 Laser available and 5 being average)how GOOD (good scale, not bad scale)is the scph-50001 model (v9) laser compared to the other ps2 model's lasers?

6. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

the V9 has a decent laser in it, it's the LA chip that causes problems with them, the V9 and V10 need a Romeo mod done to prevent the LA from overdriveing the focus coils and burning out the lens.

kc

7. xeonox

xeonox Regular member

can you explain or send me a link as to what the "romeo mod" is?

8. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

you lift Pin 17 of the LA6508 chip off the MOBO and connect it with a wire to a 5v source. if you need pics I'm sure the search button or Google would give you more then enough.

kc

9. xeonox

xeonox Regular member

wow thanks, ill wont use my PS2 much until the mod is done, thanks for the info.

Do the rest of the PS2's use 5v instead of 10v in that area?

10. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

it's the regulation in the LA, on V9-V12 they are able to put full line voltage to the focus coil in the lens and burn it out. the Romeo mod fixes this problem in a V9/V10 and a laser fix in the V11/V12 slims

kc

11. xeonox

xeonox Regular member

hrm, interesting, seems like the people outside of sony are better at fixing them that the people in sony, lol. im sure they know by now.

thanks for the info.

12. w11tard

w11tard Member

Has anyone ever got a bad mod chip b4? A xeno ps perhaps? I have a v5 PS2 board GH-015 followed the diagram and nogo. Just the the Red insert a PS2 game. This happens with a retail PSX game also since the install. I have installed the same chip on a V9 board and is operational. I have checked for bridges with multi meter and continuity wih all pads on chip to pads on mobo between the wire solder points. Any suggestions??

13. hutriel

hutriel Member

The problem I had when I installed my mod chip was not with the pads on the chips where there was a series of connections that could be checked, but the connections to individual pads on the other chips. They all looked fine, but when I re-soldered them (making sure no bare metal portions of the wires could touch anything else) all my troubles went away.

My point is, just because everything seems right, doesn't mean it is. Check you connections first and if you're SURE they're right, your chip might be damaged. Just raw probability says it's your connections. Also, sometimes, the chips don't "catch" making you push restart before the unit recognizes the ps2/ps1 copy you put in.

14. w11tard

w11tard Member

So it was a bad chip. 10 hrs of BS and it was the chip! At least it works now :)