1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XGD3 PC Burner Max + Memorex: A Cheap Media Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by MrGreaser, Oct 28, 2011.

1. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Singapore Verbatim is the only way to go ,tho i prefer the x2.4,if you get x8 discs i wouldn't recommend burning over x4 for 360 games

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Actually, with x8 discs I wouldn't recommend burning under x4, but that is as much a discussion as whether the xk3y is worth buying or not. You may find loads of toppics where that has been discussed.
    - if you burn those media with a speed under x4, you force them to be burned with a speed they were not designed for, thus leading to more burn errors on the discs
    -some guys on here have tested burns done with lower speed and burns done with higher speed and the burns with higher speed were better
    -there are some more reasons, but atm I am too lazy to search for them

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Supposedly media that is rated at x speed can be burned at that speed,there was an interview & a post last year regarding the quality of verbs & how they can be burned at x8 with no issues by some spokesman from verb.Experience however has taught me that ain't the case,well at least not for 360 games anyway & those are only xdg2,haven't been game enough to do some xdg3 & at the "mo" don't need too thankfully,jtag's seen to that,its much cheaper using hdd's than dvd's..lol..

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I think the interview was with someone from imgburn, but it could have been a verbatim spokesman aswell. There were also some people posting their kprobe results for slower and faster burns and the faster burns were better. And as far as I remember some people's problems were solved by burning faster (games that didn't work when forced to burn with x2.4 worked when burned with x6).