1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xplorer360 can't find fatx drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by budro, Jun 23, 2009.

1. budro

budro Regular member

Ok, so I downloaded xplorer360, attached my xbox 360 hdd to my sata controller (syba VIA, same for flashing. same configuration too with portio32 not sure if that's ok...). So, I right click xplorer360, Runas administrator, then I try to open my HDD, and it says no fatx drive found.

What needs to be done?

Keep in mind, this is still with portio32 in affect vs. the normal via driver, not sure if that's a problem, but it's definitely worth mentioning.

Regards

2. leerage

leerage Regular member

I don't think PortIO is utilized by Xplorer360. I had this same issue and I had to restore the VIA driver. Version 5.30c worked for me.

3. budro

budro Regular member

I installed 5.0c and disabled portio32 and no luck. I still get "Could not find a FATX drive!"

NOTE: I do not have an adapter of any kind, I simply took apart my hard drive and plugged the sata straight into my PC and used a molex-serial power adapter cable to power it.

EDIT: Fixed. Turned out I had one of my molex cables powering too many things (3, if you count the xbox hdd) So I unhooked the power to the others, and just plugged in the xbox hdd and it worked fine!

Regards

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. leerage

leerage Regular member

That is good info to know. I'm glad you got it straightened out.

5. budro

budro Regular member

Ok, so I figured that part out right?

Well... now that I reformatted the drive with the 360, xplorer360 is being dumb and can't find it again!
    So I downloaded xplorer360 xtreme 2, and it only see's partition 1!

I'm going to go crazy trying to figure this out lol

Help please lol

Regards

6. loboxxxx

loboxxxx Member

Have you been able to figure out why Partition 1 is the only one that shows up?

7. budro

budro Regular member

No, I have not yet figured that out. Odd to me, but it eventually ended up working by some miracle lol. Can't figure out what happened though. Oh well, it works now.

Regards

8. loboxxxx

loboxxxx Member

budro,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I finally got partitions 0, 2, and 3 to show up and everything works great now. Here's what I did:

1. After I copied the contents of partition 3 from the original Xbox 20GB to my PC, I created an image backup of it on my PC (using xplorer 360 Beta 6 version).

2. After flashing the new 120GB WD1200BEVS HD, I connected it to my PC and restored the image I made above to it.

3. I then flashed the 120GB HD again just to be sure.

4. I connected the 120GB HD to my Xbox. Xbox recognized it as a 20GB HD due to the image restore above, which I expected. So, I formatted it, which made Xbox recognize it as 107GB HD, as I expected.

5. I connected the 120GB HD to my PC again and started xplorer 360. At which point partitions 0, 2, and 3 showed up. This then allowed me to copy all the saved games and profiles (I copied to the PC in step 1) to partition 3 on the new HD.

6. I connected the 120GB HD to my Xbox. All my saved games and profiles work just fine. Perfect...

Thanks to all who take the time to share their experiences...

Cheers.

9. j0ndalar

j0ndalar Member

Hi, I need ur help.
    I just connect my 20GB Xbox360 HDD to my computer, open Xplorer360_extreme2 and when I tried to view the files, I receive the error message "Could not find a FATX drive to open!"

Windows XP.

Thanks in advance,

10. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Silly question but have you loaded the via driver & tried a different power adaptor as per this thread?

11. king212

king212 Member

the fax drive problem is as simple as right click the program and run as admin simple done!

12. brooy76

brooy76 Member

Thanx King212, it's working now for me. :)

13. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Glad you got it working :D