Yamada 6600 - How do i get the blue light to Work??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by gaz_0001, Mar 8, 2004.

1. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

I have just took receipt of my new player, which looks good so far. There is a blue bit located directly under the CD loading tray and on the box and in the instructions it show the blue thing as lighting up, and it does look like it should be lit up only the instructions mention nothing and so far i have not been able to get it to light up. Can anyone help, time is of the essence, i have 7 days to return the product if it is faulty. Help please.

2. StormUK69

StormUK69 Member

Mine is the same as well, no blue panel.

I purchase mine from Special Reserve. I thought it was faulty, but shone a torch in with the tray open and there does not seem to be any blue led's.

Looking at the instruction book and the box, they are actually different models.

Perhaps the feature has been discontinued.

Also I noticed something a little strange, when I tested a XVID the LCD display goes blank for a couple of seconds before the CD plays.

Apart from the couple of gripes it does seem like a very good player.

3. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

I think that you are right, i am going to try and put my own in when i get time to dismantle it. Is it safe to safely dismantle it and check to see if it can be done or are DVD players sensitive and easy to beak??

The DVD player seems great, ive got 7 films on a DVD all of different formats, divx, xvid, vcd ect, they are all in different folder which i can switch through at my leisure!

4. StormUK69

StormUK69 Member

DVD players are very robust. Do bear in mind if you attempt the mod you will have to remove the rear warranty label, in turn you will invalidate your warranty on the product.

But it would be a very easy job to do, I will wait for a while and may do the mod at a later date.

5. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

You dont know of any sites where i could find some details of modding the DVD player do you? All i think that i would do is get some leds that are powered by 240V (or whatever it is) and just wire them in a negativ and positive in the case???

6. FizEwater

FizEwater Member

Does anyone know of any site that ships the 6600 to the states for a reasonable price (under $140)? I've looked but all the sites I've found will only ship inside the UK. Thanks.....

7. hasanhaq

hasanhaq Member

Hi there FizEwater

erm, i've just ordered one and i'm in the UK. Wahay! that's a first isn't it? A product arriving in the UK before America???. What's going on, I always thought America recieved all electrical products about a year before the European Market??

anyway, I'm not too sure on that one, there is www.amazon.com - dvx 6100 (the older model of 6600)
    www.gameloaded.co.uk (dvx 6600) (very cheap!)

thanks