1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yet another wiikey problem.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bobbintb, Aug 2, 2007.

1. bobbintb

bobbintb Member

k. i installed my wiikey. the soldering job was beautiful so i doubt its that. origional discs work fine. the wiikey setup 1.2 disc works but a copied game doesnt. i cant remember what it says but there is a black screen with white letters. i think it says to look at the manual. am i correct in thinking this is probably bad media? i burned the game a long time ago and deleted the iso so it will be a while before i can try new media.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It could be a media issue (your Wii doesn't like the media your using)

You don't necessarily need the ISO that you originally burned to media.

You could try using ImgBurn to read the backup disc making an ISO then burn that ISO to different media.

3. dash134

dash134 Member

what you can do before you burn to a dvd-r is buy a dvd-rw to check and make sure all is right with the iso. its what i do and i dont have to worry bout wasting a dvd. i have a wiikey and it reads dvd-rw fine. i think most of the wii mod chips read dvd-rws also.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

More then likley it isn't the ISO that is the issue. It is the media that is being used.

How is burning the ISO to DVD-RW going to help figure out what type and brand of media will work best with his Wii system?

As I said above. Use ImgBurn to read the backup disc and then burn the ISO to different media trying to find Media that will work best on your Wii.

5. bobbintb

bobbintb Member

ok i got it. i reburned it on different meida. i always burn at 1x to avoid issues. i reburned at 6x on different media. worked fine. reburned on the original media at 6x and it worked fine as well. wasnt really the media, just the burn speed. no idea why that should make a difference.