1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yo im really getting annoyed

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kizza321, Jun 16, 2004.

1. kizza321

kizza321 Member

i have DVD encrypter and AnyDVD, also i have Super DVD ripper, but when i go and copy a movie called "the last samurai" it works BUT the langauge is in german plus it wont play in power dvd.

Is there any software that i can use to ripp a dvd in the correct way

Please Help

Thanx

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

get DVD Shrink. Rip with Shrink, create ISO file, burn with DVD Decrypter. Only rip with Decrypter if Shrink can break the encryption. Also do you happen to have Nero?? And hopefully you're not running fat32 :)

3. flip218

oh yea... when you open shrink, before you click backup make sure you choose the right language :)

4. kizza321

kizza321 Member

i only want to ripp the dvds to my hard drive, not onto a dvd, the problem is is that the movie gets put into separate parts, like each giga byte of the movie.

i only want them in one full movie file

reply asap

thanx again

5. flip218

Rip with Shrink and create an ISO file.. How big do you want the file. Usually creating an ISO with Shrink will be around 4.35GB.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  6. flip218

This is because, your using DVD Decrypter to rip in file mode. So again use shrink

1) Open Shrink, open disc
    2) Choose your language (cause you don't want german like you said)
    3) Click "backup!"
    4) Change target destination to "ISO Image File".
    5) Since you don't want to burn, make sure the box to Launch DVD Decrypter is [bold]unchecked[/bold]
    6) Click ok.

7. kizza321

kizza321 Member

i have created and ISO file BUT when i open the file it goes straight to DVD encrypter.
    I unticked the box that says; "open DVD encrypter straight after shrinking" but the file goes straight to DVD encrypter.

I also tried opening the different file with Power DVD but it says; "wrong format"

Why is this is happening, it just cant be to hard to rip a DVD to the hard drive, WHAT IS GOING ON :(

Reply ASAP

Thankyou for all your help so far

8. flip218

It isn't that hard to rip... If you've got an ISO Image on your HD you've done it.

I've never done it, but I've heard you can play ISO's with PowerDVD.

We are all here on our free time. Most of us respond to alot of threads. So try to be not so demanding :)

9. flip218

Again, this is because your ripping in file mode. Which creates one video_ts folder(which has many files in it). Have you tried opening the folder with PowerDVD(Not individual files)?

10. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

What happens if you have FAT 32?

11. flip218

Nothing... You're just limited using FAT32. FAT32 has a 4GB limitation. So when doing dvd backups you can't use ISO's(unless you do alot of cutting and editing), you're pretty much left with using video_ts files all the time. Thats all.

Oh... When using DVD Shrink, most use either DVD Decrypter or Nero to burn. For those who don't want to buy Nero, they use Decrypter. And DVD Decrypter will only burn ISO's.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

kizza321

Power DVD unless it is an older copy is capable of playing movies ripped in file mode. When you open Power DVD there is a buton at about 5 o'clock in proximity to the playback controls. Click the button and it will list your drives. Choose open DVD files on hard disk drive, navigate to your movie click on the folder and that should do it.

13. flip218

Well just an update. I can't play ISO's using PowerDVD, I've got PowerDVD4.0

14. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I've never seen anything about PowerDVD opening ISOs either. I also use PowerDVD 4 and I don't know of any way to do this. It could require a newer version than that so don't take this as a statement of fact, just my experience with a slightly older version. If it is true I might actually upgrade since I like to work with ISOs as much as possible.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I have version 5 deluxe for surround sound and new features and I would try it but I don't have any ISO's. BTW guys if you have 4.0 you can upgrade to 5.0 Deluxe for $24.95.