1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Don't Mess with the Zohan

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by omegaman7, Oct 7, 2008.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Wow! Quite a few special features. Should be interesting (WINK WINK)
    Not quite as bad as leatherheads on the encryption. But anydvd 6470
    Could be assisting with even this ones encryption.[​IMG]
    Will post after SURE of success!

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The ??????????????? are due to image hosting, incase anyones wondering.

3. khlockett

khlockett Guest

This was wasn't as tricky as Leatherheads. DVDFAB burn with NERO worked great for me. Main Movie only.

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hmmm... Video quality is slightly rough at 61% compression. Kept all features except foreign language, and directors commentaries. and Compressed the living HECK :) out of the deleted scenes, etc. It is a 50" Plasma though...
    Perhaps an upscaler might make it look better?

5. LynJuly29

LynJuly29 Member

I tried Zohan with DVD FAB and Nero to no avail. DVD FAB worked fine. No success with Nero, Clone DVD or DVD Shrink. I also tried ANY DVD which could not complete. Has anyone been able to successfully complete this movie with something other than Nero? Could you share your success?

6. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Try running the results thru fixvts before using dvd shrink. That may help.

7. meronh

meronh Member

Long time reader, first time poster.....
    Success:
    Don't know why this works, but it has worked on this one as well as Leatherheads. However, this process has only gotten me the movies on both...no speacial features:
    Rip Full DVD to Hard Drive with DVDFab 5 (Ver 5.9.0)
    Burn with CloneDVD2 (Ver 2.8.4). The only catch while burning it is you have to leave both angles selected on the Title Configuration Page. Then uncheck all the bonus features on the disk. Perefectly burned back up, quality is right around 98%.

Ron

8. JAYMES71

JAYMES71 Member

That's what I did. Sucked that I couldn't get the features, but oh well. The movie is all I wanted :)

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

People having trouble??? Anydvd 6470, Dvdshrink (High quality adaptive error compensation), And imgburn. Ripped and burned inside 30 min. GOOD LUCK. Did you know that, Movies can afford to lose some data without effecting the video quality greatly. I backup the full disc all the time. The only one in the last yr that gave me grief was, "Semi-Pro" A 50" Plasma will confirm :)

10. miltex

miltex Guest

Thanks for the heads up. will try when I get the dvd.

11. Cornholeo

Cornholeo Member

I got FULL MOVIE & features(Lucky I Guess) Firstly, I used FAB Decrypter 5 to make a FULL DISC folder containing a file 7.62Gb in size. I then analyzed with SHRINK, This procedure said the file was STILL too large(not much) to back up, so I CHANGED the volume label to just THE_ZOHAN, removed the FRENCH AUDIO(who NEEDS French audio anywoo?), which bought the image size down to 4463. I then backed it up using SHRINK and burned with IMGBURN. WORKS LIKE A CHARM! Let me know what you think. Watching It Now. Haven't seen BETA version Of ANYDVD yet, so i can't comment on it.

12. captmo

captmo Member

I got the whole movie with extras. . .
    I used shrink with anydvd 6.4.7.0 running.

I also redid it again same setup - just the movie to see if any difference in the quality.

Seems to work fine so far - Haven't watched it all yet . . .

Hope this helps.

13. James_c61

James_c61 Member

All it took was shrink, use re-author, and only select title 1, easy as can be!

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Some of us want an exact/Near backup. :) I used to do that though. It was less time consuming for the "OLD HP" LOL. But now i have a "FREAK OF TECHNOLOGY". I have yet personally, to see faster. I know their out there though.

Now I wanna Quad core though!

15. miltex

miltex Guest

talk to Creaky about quad cores

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, my normal process is to rip a movie with DVDFab (usually movie only mode), run it thru DVD Rebuilder using the awesome and free HC Encoder). (for episodic discs i rip the full disc with DVDFab and run it thru Rebuilder/HC Encoder also). Quad Cores make light work of encoding stuff, especially as HC Encoder is Quad Core capable..

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  17. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

CloneDVD can't handle this one? I was able to do it with Ripit4me/fixvts/ImgBurn. Full disk no problems. (AnyDVD was running in the background, forgot to turn it off)

18. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

DvdFab Platinum 5.0.9.8 > FixVts > Dvd Shrink (removed all subtitles and foreign languages then ran through Deep Analysis) > Imgburn.

Nice burn.

19. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

ZOHAN was tricky....I was able to back up the entire disc up with encryption (amazing) using NERO 8 express disc to disc option, on to a DL 8.5 w/AnyDVD running in the backround. Then using the file I could get just the title w/basic menu, no speacial features. I later learned about the SHRINK option, also amazing again how the old freeware still kicks a**? I created a new file in SHRINK then backed up a full disc with the latest version of CloneDVD....heads up "INDIANA JONES 4" "STUCK" "INCREDIBLE HULK" "and "THE STRANGERS" offer no serious challenges.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

NICE POST! Very informative. Thanks much. I have yet to watch the movie. I know I know. Thats just the way it goes for me. Intel or AMD creaky?