1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

you guys are in the stoneage

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by css1984, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. css1984

css1984 Guest

I rip 4 dvd's a time and have 40 dvd roms hooked up to my system.
    each dvd rips at about 140 frames a sec takes me about 38 to 40 minutes to rip 4 dvds at a time. This is 720 x 480 res and 1220k bitrate with 2 pass.

2. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

and your point is, Mr.Braggity?

3. css1984

css1984 Guest

my point is for people to stop complaining that there amd k6/2 450 won't rip a dvd in an hour and the quality is crap. Stop complaining your system is junk. You want to do some video conversion well do you remember the admiga days that thing was powerful and risc setup you guys are using dinosaur processors to do futuristic computations. I laugh heavily everytime i read a thread that says takes a long time to rip. I am wanting to help people to build cheap fast ripping systems anyone who is interested let me know.

4. css1984

css1984 Guest

I could rip up to 20 at a time but my fps would drop to about 5 or 8 and I like to be able to use the computer while i'm ripping. I have another tower of 14 filled with dvd burners picked them up on ebay as a lot for 98 bucks for all 14 used but warranteed and worked great. they are nec dual layer dvd burners i linked them up and i can copy but i don't very often i just mainly do rips to mp4 dual pass and put it in my digital video library. But for a few hundred bucks people with computer that have atleast dual core could use my dvd rom tower that i would be willing to sell for 200 or so and link up 14 dvd roms to there computer and batch out there dvd's
    if you only have a few hundred dvd's you could batch them out in about a week to two weeks of periodically checking on it.

5. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

who cares???? not me css1984

noob...........

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i think most of us would prefer to have a something of guaranteed quality when backing up our discs than the have the risk you pirates have. thank you and good night.

7. JVC

JVC Active member

Sounds like piracy to me!
    And that's frowned on here!

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

wowsers...where can I get a rig like that? I'm on my way to ebay!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  9. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

yep piracy there's no other reason why anyone should
    need that many backups...................

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

oh man..... where can I get a rig like that........ WHAT A FARCE! the only reason to mass produce would be piracy! don't need it..... don't want the trouble either!

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'd rather spend the money on mechanized weaponry.

12. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

I would rather spend the money in the pub. why would anybody want to burn 4 movies at a time unless there were into piracy. not that I am suggesting that our friend is.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

sounds like the original poster is engaged in an activity that involves selling those many copies down at the pub

14. JDaRipper

JDaRipper Member

Man, that really does sound like piracy. Here we only backup our own stuff. Plus I would rather buy 4 to 6 horses and a pure gold carriage to take me on a cruise, instead of spending all that money on that (lol). You don't need 40+ dvd burners you only need 2, and a good processor. Also, if you have only one dvd rip at a time, it will take even less time than if you do two or more since all the processor power will be concentrated in it.
    Im out.

15. css1984

css1984 Guest

exactly what i mean stoneage you assume and btw how dare you claim i am pirating I know the laws of piration very well. I helped design some new css keys for a security company last year. I Only use this system to convert my current 4000 dvd collection to digital and 2 dvd roms and a fast processor would be insufficient. I batch process my dvd's to mp4 using nero the fastest program i have used so far on my dual opteron 275 computer. It actually utilizes the 4 processors. Now i built the opteron computer from ebay goodies for less than 1500 bucks. For all you cavemen i seen post in this thread that claim piracy I HAVE 4000 DVD'S! I just have been collecting them for about 6 or 7 years now and w/e i goto the store i buy a couple more i love movies what can i say. But think 1/2" wide per dvd times 4000 well that's alot of dvd racks that i'm sick of having in my house. plus it's hard to keep track of all them. I had them in the imation 200 dvd digital storage machines but that was a pain in the butt. So i decided hard drives and a nice 50 dollar ebay mp4 player for my tv with remote. I got less than 2000 dollars into all the equipment. So my budget of 5000 that the cavemen around afterdawn (not everyone) that said expect 5000 was wrong. Now i had a enough money to finish off my entertainment system with a nice 46" sony bravia lcd. If anyone is interested pm me i'll help you out in setting up your own dream dvd storage unit for dirt cheap (no profit on my end just the satisfaction of beating everyone else's idea's all the crap)

16. res2cue

res2cue Guest

really? You failed miserably

yup.. you da man *snicker*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  17. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

mate stop braging where here to help out people now say my compter can do this i bet urs can't
    i say some one close this thread befor it get nasty

18. css1984

css1984 Guest

It seems so funny but I have to ask hold old is the people that posted in my thread? because any real computer geeks or anyone with a job would be interested in this. I mean hell who doesn't want to save money and design something they could sell for nearly 5 times what they paid for it? lol absolutly hilarious now i know why geico put cavemen on there comical commercials because there hilarious.

Welcome to the new revolution boy's and girls 4 processors and multi core die's will be the only thing everyone will have 10 years from now. Why not learn about it now while it's cheap.

19. res2cue

res2cue Guest

sounds like a scam of some sort to me... you are pushing your ideas way to hard. Shouldn't a person like you be preying on the elderly? Thus far, you have not once added anything of substance to this entire forum. You are a poison, a virus... the lowest form of humanity. Your life is so worthless, you try to make yourself bigger by attempting to make everyone smaller. Enjoy your sad life you pityful little man.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

okay, time to say it.
    [​IMG]

*edit*
    i'm sure he does that as well, res2cue.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.