1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Average burnning time!?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by 512mb, Dec 17, 2006.

1. 512mb

512mb Guest

Hey guys usually when I download a avi file and I convert to DVD it takes about 2hr 30min to finish (700-800mb file). When I burn it all I do is open nero smart start > select dvd video > add avi > start to burn. However all files come with an image file I dont do anything w/ those just add the .avi and burn. Any suggestions to speed up the burning? Or is it just a long and complicated processes for the program to go from avi to dvd while burning onto a disc. Any help would be great thanks!

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

processing video on a 32bit system just takes along time however you can try vso convertxtodvd its faster much faster, total time about 1.5hrs from conversion to burn sometimes less and thats set to high quality. I am using 2gb ram, amd sempron 3000 socket a 32bit, on an msi motherboard with a 512mb video card, front and back cooling fans, seagate barracuda 7200.7rpm 120gb hd. My machine is not spectacular but with the right software and always rebooting before beginning and disabling my screensaver this works great also always disable any video preview window during the process this takes away from the cpu which you want it totally dedicated to the transcoding it is the single most intensive process you will perform on your pc, another thing to do is disable any startup programs not needed but leave your antivirus on.