your Dream VIDEO EDITING System

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by glenpinn, Jul 27, 2004.

1. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

HI EVERYONE.

(just moved this thread from general video discussion to here as i was told this might be where it should be)

i am interested to hear from forum readers what they believe would be the ULTIMATE VIDEO EDITING system.

im ready to replace 1 of my existing editing systems, and think i know what i want to get to replace it with, but im curious what mobo/cpu/h/drives/ram/graphics/burners/monitor/ combinations other forum users might choose.

this topic can cause a lot of interest i hope, as everyone has an opinion about what they believe is the ULTIMATE machine.

if u reply, please DONT detract from the topic or abuse other replyers because u think they are wrong, everyone has an opinion and should be respected.

u can post your own pc specs if u like, but i want this to be a general discussion and comparison between what readers believe would be the best video editing pc.

thats it from me, good luck everyone and will await your replies, this will make for very interesting reading i think.....regards.....GLEN

BTW, i will wait a while b4 i post my new system specs, i could use this thread as a guide for changing my own opinion about what i eventually build for myself.

my new temp upgrade till november will be as follows.
    asus p4p800del mobo
    p4 3.0 n/bridge cpu
    my existing 2x 512 corsair xms3200c2 ram
    new saphire x800 xt platinum graphics (will go in my new machine in nov)
    existing west dig 120gb and 160gb h/drives (going to sata later)
    existing 19" flat screen crt monitor
    sony dru700a d/l dvd burner
    liteon dvd rom
    etc etc etc

good luck everyone.....GLEN

just for fun, if u thinking of a PRESCOTT cpu, have a look at this site, its a great little snipe about those (ouch, very hot prescotts)
    (http://207.44.153.198/infommercial.html)
    and no, im not getting a prescott, take a look at this site, its absolutely true in every respect, and if u do mention a prescott, add lots of fans and icebergs to ya case, u gunna need them (lol) my opinion only ok !!!

if this still isnt in the right place, please tell me again where to post it ???

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2004
  2. actech

actech Regular member

boy after reading thru the links leading up to this one im more confused than before. i can dvd copy and had 2 vhs i wanted on dvd.then if the tapes go bad im saved. is there a basic guide that shows what i need and how? to much in 18 pages to keep straight when i started out lost anyhow.
    thanks kurt

3. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

HI ACTECH

now u got me confused, i think your after information about how to get vhs tape to dvd are u not???

i replied to some questions in the vhs to dvd section, but this is my new thread about video editing systems, so im not sure why u are here, maybe u thought i can help u ???

to be honest, i dont quite understand your question, if u want me to try to help, send me another reply here with more detail what u want to do ok, i know its not the correct forum section to ask, but u probably confused by now in that other thread, they went off topic somewhere, and it should have stopped long time ago.

im not sure if i can do this, but if you like, email me your question at xbilleex@yahoo.com.au and ill try to help ok.

bye for now....GLEN