1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yuden question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by NSA187, Jul 24, 2005.

1. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

i have maybe about 100 dvd backups on ty and i noticed on a couple that there are small bubbles on the read side, is this normall ? I am not a newbie i know how to make successful backup.. thanks in advance

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

hi,

how do those backups play? "bubbles" on the read side are NOT normal for TY media~ i have used thousands and have never noticed the "bubbles"...perhaps a "not-so-perfect" batch? no idea...aesthetically, that might be an indication of a flaw in the dye, but, if those movies/backups playback w/out problems, then, don't worry about it...but, "bubbles" are NOT normal~ :)

3. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

it's like a tiny dot that the dye looks a little darker works fine though, i have close to 200 backups of dvds, i heard they last over 200 years

4. wolves

wolves Regular member

800 years is a big call...of course who will be around to prove or disprove it?
    And who will want 200 years of looking at some of our `favourite` movies?
    200 years has got to be a bit rich but...

5. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

yea your right, how do u label your backed up dvds ?

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I label some of my backups with the epson r-200 photojet printer. I use verbatim data life plus +8x and maxell +8x full hub printable media.It does a super job on the disc and jacket covers. These are mostly on the better backups- "Good Movies". The regular.low budget flick backups I just use the old fashioned sharpie.

7. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

CD Stomper. I know there are tons of label horror stories out there! I ALWAYS use the applicator, and I keep them properly stored. I have also found some Stomper-compatible labels that are a bit thinner than the Stomper stock. I don't make back ups from backups, so I am not worried about them spinning at, say, 24X. I have CD's that are over 6 years old with adhesive labels on them that are just fine!!!

8. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

lol oh i just use a marker

9. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Member

i was wondering if writing on discs with a sharpie, and them stacking them and putting them on a spindle to store them for many years, does the marker ink in any way damage the disc's dye that is on top of the disc or damage it in any other way? Does that make sense?

10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

no it shouldn't, assuming the marker ink DRIES before you stack them..i too use a Sharpie for MOST of my backups, or like saugmon does, i use my R300 on my printable TYs to make the image/label. :) i don't have a scanner, so, if i can find a good copy of the label online, i print them using the R300, but, if not, back to the Sharpie i go~ :) i have multicolored sharpies, so, i organize them based on genre/color and store them upright in a binder/folder type case~ :)